Sakol selects Wagner to improve finishing
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Apr93, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p38
Presents answers to `Country Living' readers' questions about restoring furniture from a furniture restorer. Refurbishing a butcher-block countertop; Easing misalignment on rolltop desk's shutter; Relining a lap desk with green felt; More. INSET: A free home-improvement guide..
- Good as new. Cooper, Steve // Better Homes & Gardens;June97, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p66
Presents a step-by-step process of metal chair refinishing. Removal of the old finish; Installation of a new plywood seat; Finishing.
- Knock On Wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p18
Answers several questions on furniture restorations.
- Raising the profile of edge sanding & finishing. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Jan97, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p111
Presents feedback on interviews from persons who work with companies that manufacture and distribute profile sanding and finishing equipment for use in the furniture making industry. Benefits derived from the use of the machinery; Increasing amount of technology available to the manufacturers;...
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Aug94, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p46
Presents suggestions on restoring home furnishings. Repair of chipped gilt frames; Reinvigorating wood surfaces; Use of one-stage finishes.
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Jun96, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p91
Answers questions concerning the restoration of furniture. Includes a query on a pine table that sweated resin due to heat from a radiator; Query about hand caning; Query on grading sandpaper `grits'; Query on paint splatters on furniture.
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Dec93, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p64
Presents suggestions on restoring furniture in response to questions. Removal of fingernail polish on steamer trunk; Replacement of broken screw; Circles from orbital sander; Blue milk paint from dry sink; Border bulges on lap desk; Use of wood filler. INSET: If I had a hammer, by T.R.C..
- Personality pieces. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jul96, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p19
Presents ideas for decorating unfinished furniture. Use of paint and leftover wallpaper with ribbon and rose patterns; Plaid-on pattern; Bold geometric or stripe patterns; Rubber stamps with leaf motif.
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;May94, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p92
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on furniture restoration. Recipe for homemade beeswax leather polish; Application of gel stains; Method of cleaning a shellac brush. INSET: To order beeswax (contact information)..