Tipping the balance
- 1993 office furniture buyer's guide. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/13/93, Vol. 40 Issue 37, p1
Presents 1993 office furniture and their price listings. Furniture by Hon, Lacasse, High Point furniture industries, and others; Furniture models; Features; Price listings; Contact information.
- New orders for residential furniture skyrocket in May. // Wood & Wood Products;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the increase in demand for residential furniture in May in the United States. Study by BDO Seidman accounting firm; Increase in number of shipments.
- As home office RTA grows, so does competition. // Discount Store News;5/5/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, pH14
Reports on the increasing demand and competitions in ready-to-assemble (RTA) furnitures. Challenges faced by discount department stores home office RTAs; Impact of strategic display of RTA furnitures in retail stores; More information.
- GR national test market for furniture retailer. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/13/97, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p14
Features the test marketing programs of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based furniture retailer Klingman's Furniture. Aim of furniture manufacturer La Barge to determine which items from its Magellan Collection were the most popular; Financial performance of the furniture industry; Advantages of the...
- Big chairs, big ideas touting the furniture and wood products industries. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;1995 Centennial, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p184
Reports on the different promotional methods of furniture. Construction of structures such as huge chairs and other furniture as attractions; Discounted sales with charity tie-ins; Adopt-an-animal campaign; Camp-out to collect food and toys for the needy; Campaigns on the environment. INSET:...
- David Rago's modern furniture and accessory sale. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p6
Announces the 20th century modern furniture sale held at David Rago's facility in Lambertsville, New Jersey on May 10, 1997. Items on sale; Its prices.
- Furniture sales seen as cloud on horizon. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep97, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p8
States that in the future, furniture will not be the main focus of consumers in Charleston, South Carolina. Comments from Britt Beemer, developer of the National Furniture Buying Index (NFBI).
- Furniture retailing back on its feet. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;9/18/95, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p36
Discusses the prospects of furniture retailing. Venture by Marshall Field's, Carson Pirie Scott & Co. and Sears Roebuck and Co. into this line of business; Purchase by Montgomery Ward & Co. of 20 percent stake in Levitz Furniture Inc.; Performance of home furnishings.
- Pricing, service take priority in upholstery. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;2/1/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p134
The article reports that speedy service and value pricing were the major issues as buyers shopped upholstery showrooms during the furniture market in Tupelo, Mississippi in January 2010.