Rooms to go nearly all gone in Wigan
- Elizabeth Furnishings destroyed by fire. // Cabinet Maker;8/8/2003, Issue 5350, p4
Reports on the destruction of the store of the home furnishings firm Elizabeth Furnishings due to a fire in Wigan, England. Effect of the fire on the expansion plans of Philip Ashworth; Cause of the fire; Improvement of the performance of the company.
- New Elizabethan period. Millar, James // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2003, Issue 5321, p17
Profiles Philip Ashworth, owner of the upholstery company Elizabeth Furnishings. Career history; Family background; Philosophy in retailing.
- 1993 office furniture buyer's guide. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/13/93, Vol. 40 Issue 37, p1
Presents 1993 office furniture and their price listings. Furniture by Hon, Lacasse, High Point furniture industries, and others; Furniture models; Features; Price listings; Contact information.
- New orders for residential furniture skyrocket in May. // Wood & Wood Products;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the increase in demand for residential furniture in May in the United States. Study by BDO Seidman accounting firm; Increase in number of shipments.
- As home office RTA grows, so does competition. // Discount Store News;5/5/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, pH14
Reports on the increasing demand and competitions in ready-to-assemble (RTA) furnitures. Challenges faced by discount department stores home office RTAs; Impact of strategic display of RTA furnitures in retail stores; More information.
- Tipping the balance. Korda, Zuzana // Cabinet Maker;11/28/97, Issue 5066, p21
Discusses the availability of motion furniture in the British market as consumers look for furniture that is both interesting and value for money. Examples of designs for action furniture; Manufacturers launching their own range of action furniture; Pricing trends; Factors driving the market.
- GR national test market for furniture retailer. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/13/97, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p14
Features the test marketing programs of Grand Rapids, Michigan-based furniture retailer Klingman's Furniture. Aim of furniture manufacturer La Barge to determine which items from its Magellan Collection were the most popular; Financial performance of the furniture industry; Advantages of the...
- Big chairs, big ideas touting the furniture and wood products industries. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;1995 Centennial, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p184
Reports on the different promotional methods of furniture. Construction of structures such as huge chairs and other furniture as attractions; Discounted sales with charity tie-ins; Adopt-an-animal campaign; Camp-out to collect food and toys for the needy; Campaigns on the environment. INSET:...
- David Rago's modern furniture and accessory sale. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p6
Announces the 20th century modern furniture sale held at David Rago's facility in Lambertsville, New Jersey on May 10, 1997. Items on sale; Its prices.