Three senior MFI marketing staff go in reorganisation
- MFI recruits top marketer to lead retail expansion. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);7/31/2003, p1
Great Britain's biggest furniture retailer, MFI Ltd., has hired retail veteran Steven Round as its marketing director, as it expands its presence on Britain's high streets. Round is a former marketing director of Superdrug, interim brand director at Kwik Save and ex-managing director of...
- Kitchens in synch. Lorenz, Trish // Design Week;3/13/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on MFI Ltd. marketing director Jon Rosby's strategy of continued commitment to mass market retailing while employing a design-led approach. Trend among home retailers to harness design like never before as consumers become more design-savvy; Rosby's career history; Rosby's...
- Marketing chief at MFI stands down during stands down during strategic review. McCawley, Ian // Marketing Week;4/6/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p3
The article reports that Paul Jackson, marketing chief of British furniture retailer MFI Home Works, has resigned after two years with the firm. The firm had lost 85 million pounds in 2005. Jackson will continue to run his consultancy business Silverfin. Tim James will work as MFI marketing...
- Trading up and new formats lift sales at MFI. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2001, Issue 5249, p3
Reports on the increase in MFI sales in Great Britain. Reaction of consumers to the Splash bathroom range; Increase in pre-tax profit; Estimation of budget for foil product production.
- MFI reads the signs for continued growth. // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p3
Reports the prediction on the sales performance of the MFI company in Great Britain. Views of Martin Clifford-King, finance director of the company, on the condition of consumer spending; Evaluation on the business performance of the company; Advantage of the venture of the company with Ethan...
- MFI fined over Latvian bed. // Cabinet Maker;08/28/98, Issue 5103, p7
Reports that Britain-based MFI was fined and ordered to pay after a child was injured when a Latvian made bunkbed collapsed. Decision by Cheltemham, England magistrates.
- MFI rolls out Homeworks. // Housewares;Apr96, Issue 126, p2
Reports that MFI is rolling out its Homeworks format to more stores in 1996, following the format's success during the winter sale.
- MFI profits leap 63%. // Housewares;Jan/Feb97, Issue 132, p2
Reports on the financial of MFI in the 28 weeks to November 9, 1996. Pre-tax profits; Sales; Success and expansion of the Homeworks format; Search for new markets.
- MI axes three in senior reshuffle. // Marketing Week;11/13/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p9
Reports on a reshuffle at MFI which saw the axing of three senior marketing posts. MFI's current heavy investment in marketing; Inclusion of marketing director Neil Palfreeman in the firing.