Bob's off to Norway, courtesy of Ekornes
- Enlist your customers' help to stay up to date with competitive intelligence. // Sales Insider;2/10/2012, Vol. 6 Issue 129, p4
The article suggests to survey the sales professional's customers from time to time to find out how competitors operate.
- DIVIDE AND CONQUER. // Accountancy;Nov2013, Vol. 151 Issue 1443, p96
The author discusses the surprisingly competitive nature and rivalries of several global teams involved in a sales competition proposed by the company's Divisional Manager (DM) to resolve issues regarding lowered sales.
- Get ready for the FWD's Gold Medals. // Wholesale News;Aug2012, Issue 8, p1
In this article, the author offers information on the Telesales Achiever competition and Great Britain's Federation of Wholesale Distributors' (FWD's) flagship awards event to be held in November 2012 at the Old Billingsgate on the banks of the Thames, England.
- Mack crowns Walk the Bulldog champion. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;10/3/2012, p1
The article announces that Fred Schmidt of Mack Sales in Charlotte, North Carolina, is the champion of the 2012 Mack Trucks Walk the Bulldog sales competition, based on how well he communicated product features, and services and support solutions offered under the MACK Pedigree Uptime Protection...
- The biggest fear of salespeople is not fear itself. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/24/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 38, p27A
The article discusses the author's perspective on the biggest fear of salespeople. He argues that there are two things that salesperson mostly fear, which are rejection and price. He suggests that professional salesperson should have a deep belief that the value of what they are offering far...
- Finding the sweet spot. Linthicum, Lee // Confectionary Production;Nov2012, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p36
An overview of global sugar confectionery trends as of November 2012 is presented. It observes that although the Asia-Pacific region remains the largest regional confectionery market in 2012, Latin America is anticipated to be the main driver of sugar confectionery's global retail performance...
- Competition strains battery sales. // Drug Store News;12/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p54
The article reports that Alkaline batteries's sales grows slowly with due to built-in rechargeable battery systems and battery manufacturing competition.
- Pig sale scheduled Saturday. // Graham Leader;9/16/2009, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p8B
The article reports on the 17th annual pig sale show, hosted by the Tarleton State University on September 19, 2009. It mentions that the sale will happen at the Tarleton University farm in Stephenville, Texas and begins at 1 p.m. It notes the 75-100 heads of quality pigs to be shown and the...
- Stop crying and play hardball. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;11/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2
The author reflects on the cause of decrease in sales in the furniture stores. The author opines that despite the perception of bad sales, furniture sale is up by 5.4% in the first eight months. The author states that the competition from the malls and supermarkets offering furniture for sales...