- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2002, Issue 5275, p3
Reports developments in the furniture industry in the U.S. as of February 2002. Amount invested by Igoe Furniture on machinery; Increase in the number of visitors at Design Interiors; Opening of a regional center for manufacturing excellence by the Manufacturing Institute.
- Father launched business as used furniture store. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p85
Presents a historical background to the Design Interiors furniture business of Bob Cadrecha and his family in Ybor City, Florida. Start of the business as a second-hand furniture store in the 1940s by Spanish immigrant Belarmino Cadrecha, Bob Cadrecha's father; Start of Design Interiors in 1973...
- Tampa showroom opens doors to public. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p84
Reports that Bob Cadrecha and his family in Ybor City, Florida have transformed their trade-only Design Interiors Furniture Showrooms into a retail business open to the public. Roles of the Cadrecha children, Matt Cadrecha and Mary Jo Polo, in the business; Pictures and description of some of...
- Industry recognises shining product stars. // Cabinet Maker;01/26/2001, Issue 5222, p3
Highlights the 2001 Furniture Industry Awards. Winners at the event.
- Nominations Underway For 19th Annual ARTS Awards. // Home Fashion & Furniture Trends;Apr/May2007, p5
The article calls for nominations to the 19th Annual ARTS Awards.
- F/T honors bedding retailers. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p1
The article announces that Mattress Firm, Mattress Giant, 1800mattress.com, and American Furniture Warehouse were awarded as Retail Giants of Bedding in the U.S.
- The Trilliums: Making good thing really great. Knell, Michael // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p42
Focuses on the Trillium Awards in Canada. Significance of the awards for the recognition of excellence of furniture manufacturers; Discussion on the premise of the awards; Suggestion of steps to improve the program.
- They're the tops! // Home Furnishings;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p28
Presents the winners of the 1995 British Furniture Industry Awards and the 1995 Gifts of the Year Awards. Includes winners of the retailers of the year award; Suppliers of the year; Student designer of the year.
- DuPont Awards expand with new designers. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p5
Reports on the New Designer award for a sofa, an additional category of The DuPont Furniture Awards.