Erik doesn't see the funny side
- Quality key for celebrity lines. York, Jenny Heinzen // Furniture/Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p22
Reports the influence of attached famous name and reputation on the success of furniture business. Importance in driving the branding strategy; Credence to the furniture collections; Incorporation of fashion styles into furnitures.
- Branding is the in thing. Rule // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p7
Focuses on the popularity of brand marketing in the furniture manufacturing industry.
- Stag and Ducal trademarks to be sold. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2013, Issue 5864, p10
The article reports on the sales of the two heritage furniture trademarks in Great Britain such as Stag and Ducal, which produced a high quality and aspirational designs furniture.
- Store wins drive for traffic calming. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p4
Reports on the influence of the traffic flow on the furniture business of Nettleton's in West Yorkshire, England. Speedway track for young drivers; Customer awareness of the business brand.
- IKEA plans to open first Southeastern store in Atlanta. // Display & Design Ideas;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the plans of Swedish furniture giant IKEA International A/S to enter the metro Atlanta area, Georgia with a store in Atlantic Station, a mixed-use project currently in construction across the Downtown connector in Midtown.
- IKEA buys retail park. // Cabinet Maker;1/8/2010, Issue 5669, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of the Pincent Lane and Berkshire Retail Park in Theale, England by Swedish flat-pack furniture company IKEA.
- TAKE 5. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2012, Issue 5798, p14
The article presents news briefs related to the furniture industry including Moores Furniture Group's Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme (FISP) certification, lkea's launch of a new reality catalogue for its 2013 edition, and Youtube video of the launch event of The British Bed Company.
- TAKE 5. // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2011, Issue 5732, p10
The article offers updates on the furniture industry including the reopening of Ikea store in Kohoku, Tokyo after the March 2011 earthquake in Japan, the annual renovation of Ercol Furniture Ltd., and the book "Furniture With Soul," by David Savage.
- Ikea timber claims refuted. // DIY Week;3/25/2011, p4
The article discusses a news report by "The Times" newspaper which points out that Ikea, the furniture retailer, failed to disclose to its customers the low level of sustainable wood it used for its furniture after failing to realize its 2006 target of having 30% of its solid wood certified by 2009.