Good show -- they were crying in the halls
- Views. Adamson, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;2/11/2005, Issue 5425, p9
The author in this article states that last month was his first visit to the Furniture Show in England. Having been told about this fabulous showcase of the modern furniture industry for years, he was searching for a wow that would knock his socks off. Nothing happened. He was disappointed...
- LEAVING LOST WAGES. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p33
Looks at the competition posed by the city of Las Vegas, Nevada to the furniture industry in High Point, North Carolina. Competitive advantages of the High Point market compared with Las Vegas; Number of exhibitors, buyers and sellers at trade shows held in Las Vegas in July 2005 and February...
- Decosit fair now called 'Mood' Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;9/29/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on Decosit's decision to change its name to Mood, a name that organizers say reflects a broader focus on all decorative fabrics including upholstery, curtains and sheers, outdoor fabrics and innovative textiles for both residential and contract uses. Decosit is the...
- New interiors show to have a public day. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2004, Issue 5394, p6
Reports on the plan to conduct a public furniture show called London Interiors in July 2005 in London, England. Support of consumer marketing and trade marketing campaign for the show; Opportunity for manufacturers to showcase products directly to end user; Schedule for the trade event.
- Warmer welcome for Arena and Pavilion. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p7
Reports that the organizers of the Furniture Show, which will be held in Birmingham, England, has responded to criticism from exhibitors by moving visitor registration and improving signage for the show in January 2004. Criticism leveled against the furniture industry exhibition; Number of...
- Egypt's inaugural Furnex show draws buyers from 36 countries. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p28
Reports on the attendance of international buyers in the furniture fair Furnex 2004 held in Cairo, Egypt on June 2004. Number of international buyers according to show organizers; Trademarks of Egyptian furniture; Product offerings.
- Upcoming Guangzhou show to be largest yet. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p17
Reports on the 10th edition of China International Furniture Fair. Location of the Chinese Export Commodities Fairground; Category on bedroom, living room and dining room displays; Expectation on the number of trade buyers.
- Stakes high for upcoming Asian shows. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;2/21/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1
The article focuses on the trade shows to be held in Southeast Asia to scout the region's latest offerings and thousands of furniture buyers from around the world are expected to visit the shows. The stakes are high for furniture makers in Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand as they...
- The grain in Spain. Pacey, Emily // Design Week;2/10/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p28
A preview of an exhibition of traditional Spanish furniture to be held in London, England on March 3-29, 2011 is presented.