Long-Term Care Insurance: Benefits, Costs, and Computer Models
- Planners recommend action on long-term care insurance. Klein, Melissa // Accounting Today;11/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p18
Provides tips from financial planners on purchasing long-term care insurance (LTCI). Advantage of acquiring an LTC insurance earlier; Average age of persons purchasing LTCI; Importance of having LTCI.
- A Little Help From Our Friends. Thompson, Helen // Advisor Today;Oct2005, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the importance of establishing a long-term care plan for senior citizens. Some senior citizens refuse to consider long-term care insurance but sharing other people's experiences with them makes them more open to the idea. Advisors believe that long-term care planning should...
- Why You Need to sell LTCI. Rothery, Kyle // Advisor Today;May2003, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p24
Advises financial planners to include long-term care insurance (LTCI) in their clients' financial plans. Studies on the need for and utilization of long-term care; Exclusion of long-term care in medical insurance policies; Description of a case to illustrate various aspects of LTCI.
- Making LTCI More Affordable. Anderson, Wilma G. // Advisor Today;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p24
Discusses how a financial advisor can identify a plan which can convince a client to buy long-term care insurance and at the same time find the money to pay for it. Need to know how much money and income the prospect has to work with; Customization of the policy by omitting inflation...
- LTCI WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. Vincent, Lynn // Advisor Today;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p34
Discusses what financial advisors need to know about long-term care insurance (LTCI). Reasons why financial advisors should sell LTCI to clients; Problems related to premium increases associated with the LTCI; Conversion of the LTCI into the new employee benefit. INSET: LTCI SALES TIPS.
- Delaying retirement a few years can help for a lifetime. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;7/11/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p38
Presents tips on retirement planning in the U.S. Reasons behind a delay in retirement; Importance of setting retirement goals; Benefits of buying a long-term care insurance.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: A Risky Proposition? // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p18
This section invites readers of Journal of Financial Planning to offer opinion on the significance of long-term care insurance to clients.
- No financial plan is complete without considering long-term care. Conte, Anthony M. // Central Penn Business Journal;11/14/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p15
The author reflects on the need to consider long-term care when financial planning, dealing with topics including the features of long-term care insurance policies and the benefits of long-term care insurance.
- Marketing LTC Insurance In Today's Economy. Riekse Jr., Tom // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/6/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p35
The article focuses on the ways of marketing long-term care (LTC) insurance in the U.S. during tough economic condition. It states that insurance advisors are typically optimistic with their sales projections for 2009. Industry leaders believe that the best approach for LTC planning is to look...