- Warehouse clubs change LI's playing field. Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/25/93, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p23
Reports on the growing number of warehouse clubs and outlet centers in Long Island, New York. Mom-and-pop stores endangered by the rush of wholesale warehouse clubs; Factory outlet center being constructed at Riverhead as a magnet for shoppers; Business establishment's opposition to a planned...
- Outlet malls cashing in. Yakubik, Paula // Las Vegas Business Press;8/14/95, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the consumer popularity of outlet malls in Las Vegas, Nevada. Discounts and competitive product prices offered by the malls; Tourists as majority purchasers; Belz Factory Outlet World; Factory Stores of America; Comments from market observers.
- top 10 U.S. outlets. // Marie Claire (US);Sep2009 Supplement, Vol. 16, p46
The article presents a list of outlets in the U.S. including Chicago Premium Outlets, Desert Hills Premium Outlets, and Houston Premium Outlets.
- Shopaholics' outlet. Morgan, Angela // Management Today;Nov96, p112
Reports on the opening of the United States-patterned factory outlet centers in Great Britain as a way of clearing stocks produced by the companies. Manufacturing companies involved; Types of factory outlet.
- Factory outlet malls: A fad or a fixture in the local economy? Montgomery, Mike // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/12/94, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p15
Focuses on factory outlet shopping centers in New Orleans, Louisiana. Origins of factory outlet shopping in the United States; Advantages of the outlets for consumers; Future prospects.
- Competitive crunch. Delevett, Peter // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the effect of competition from retailers and other nearby outlet malls on Slidell Factory Outlets in New Orleans, Louisiana. Trend toward steady growth for retailers; Increasing popularity of outlet malls; Question on why the Slidell outlet is headed in the opposite direction; Higher...
- Wholesale bargains. Stovall, Robert H. // FW;9/26/95, Vol. 164 Issue 20, p76
Explains the trend of manufacturers grouping together to create factory outlet centers. Consumer attraction to outlet centers; Explanation of a factory mall outlet; How goods are sold with a direct-marketing urgency in stores owned and operated by the manufacturers; Price-is-primary image.
- Contribution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/18/96-03/25/96, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p34
Reports on Woodbury Common Factory Outlets' cash donation for additional police staffing and an improved communication system in the town of Woodbury, New York. Picture showing Woodbury Supervisor Jean Caruso and Woodbury Common Factory Outlets general manager Jean Guinup.
- What is an outlet center? Apfel, Ira // American Demographics;Jul96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the success of discount malls or outlet centers in the United States. 1994 sales for outlet centers; Factors contributing to the success of outlet centers.