Call to improve efficiency
- Shiftman creates quality by hand. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the manufacturing of bedroom furniture by Shifman Mattress Co. in Newark, New Jersey. Product quality; Enhancement of the manufacturing procedures; Investment of craftsmanship in mattresses.
- Can we trust Chinese manufactured furniture? de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;8/31/2007, Issue 5553, p9
The author reflects on the problems concerning the quality of China-made furniture imported to Great Britain. He believes that the source of the issues associated with the quality of Chinese manufactured products lie on the vast size of Chinese factories. And with the number of British furniture...
- What does British made furniture mean to shoppers? // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2008, Issue 5582, p20
The article provides information on the results of the Cabinet Maker Research Survey in Great Britain. Middle aged-buyers tend to rate British made furniture as superior. They are inclined towards classical design and put innovation in the back of their minds. Some 49% of respondents said they...
- FOCUS OFFICE SEATS. SMITH, Alain // Ergonoma Journal;jan-mar2012, Issue 26, p12
The article focuses on the goal of founding office furniture manufacturers to meet to needs of quality and environmentally friendly furniture in Europe. It notes that such manufacturers have given themselves additional constraints in terms of quality excellence, ergonomic requirements, and the...
- The game hangs on quality. Dixon, Audrey // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p1
Comments on the inconsistency quality of furniture products in Great Britain. Impact of the domination of imports on furniture industry; Complaints on faulty products by consumers; Influence of product quality and services on the decision making of consumer.
- Thai way to success. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p26
Focuses on the growth of the furniture industry in Thailand. Benefits of emphasizing furniture quality; Implications of concentrating on customer orientation; Information on the Thailand International Furniture Fair.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2001, Issue 5262, p5
Presents a question and answer advisory related to the quality of products from the furniture industry in Great Britain. Deliberations on the allocation of refunds between consumer and manufacturer; Significance on the products durability; Implication on the right of consumers to file complaints.
- Generation game. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2001, Issue 5262, p16
Focuses on the quality of reproduction furniture in Great Britain. Importance of product durability; Emphasis on the English reproduction styles; Impact of the general product specification on higher standard versus on the foreign product competitors.
- Stock prices skyrocket in 2001 for five Canadian furniture companies. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p266
Reports on the success of various furniture companies as shown through the increase of share values of products in Canada. Contribution of the quality of management and products in the success of the retailer BMTC company; Inclination of the share prices of the companies; Assessment on the...