Reality TV Comes to Retirement Planning
- Host of advice. Waisberg, Deena // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on how chartered accountant (CA) Suzanne Schultz, the host of the reality television program "House Poor," helps homeowners balance their budgets. It notes that Schultz's role includes giving financial advice and sometimes giving a reward of 10,000 dollars to couples. She...
- Gauls galled over doc coin for 'Popstars' James, Alison // Daily Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the reaction of French television production representatives to the decision of granting 800,000 francs in documentary aid to the reality show 'Popstars.'
- Australia's got advice. // Money Management;11/7/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p28
The article focuses on the reality television (TV) program "Australian Advice Idol," an initiative by the Australian Financial Advisers (AFA) which aims to modify the profession of financial advising in terms of communicating its value proposition.
- Muslim scholars score a hit on Malaysian reality show. Yeow, Julia // South Asian Post;7/22/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Malaysian reality show "Young Imam" wherein ten contestants, aged 18-27, of different status, from cleric to student to businessman and farmer, competing for the cash and fame.
- FACE-OFF. RUDGE, CHARLOTTE // InStyle;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
This article compares the main characters of the reality television shows "Jersey Girls" and "Jersey Shore."
- 4 THINGS WE'D LOVE TO ASK THE... JENNER SISTERS. // Dolly;Aug2014, Issue 524, p14
The article enumerates the questions that the periodical staff want to ask the Kardashian reality television family, including favorite name starting with the letter K, member of the family with the best dance moves and reason behind Kylie dyeing her hair green.
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.
- How to tame the rude tube. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;03/02/98, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
Presents complaints of Alberta parents on the television viewing habits of their teenaged children. The distressing amount of reality-based programming; The continuous pushing of limits of the program content; Shows popular among teenagers, such as `Dawson's Creek' and `Jerry Springer'; The...
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.