Charitable Hearts Never Out of Season
- Rebuilding paradise. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/18/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4387, p24
The article focuses on the efforts of "Caterer & Hotelkeeper" and the United Nations Children's Fund (Unicef) to help the victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004. An amount has been raised by the fundraising effort Unichef. Temporary schools were built for children who attended schools. Ibra...
- Aid effort helps those left stranded. // Estates Gazette;1/28/2006, Issue 604, p84
The article focuses on the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC), a group of British charities that raised money from the British public to help pay the costs of reconstructing the areas affected by the tsunami that struck South Asia in 2004. In 2005, the property industry in Great Britain has...
- A GIVING PEOPLE. // American Enterprise;Mar2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
Praises the philanthropic work of U.S. citizens. Donations of the people to victims of the 2004 Asian tsunami; Forecast for the philanthropic work of the people in 2005; Percentage of households that make charitable cash contributions.
- Images Help Rebuild. Herring, Chuck // Planning;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the relief activities of a rescue team in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, where an estimated 128,000 people died during the December 2004 tsunami. After the tsunami, San Diego State University's Visualization Center quickly assembled a relief team consisting of two adjunct faculty...
- Permaculture & Peace Work in Sri Lanka. // Permaculture Magazine;Spring2005, Issue 43, p31
Features the Sri Lankan community organization Sarvodaya. Philosophy of the organization; Actions taken by the organization to help the victims of the 2004 Asian tsunami; Aim of a permaculture design program launched by the organization.
- After the Tsunami, Peace. Lynch, Robert N. // America;2/27/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses the process of rebuilding of Banda Aceh, Indonesia after the 2004 Asian tsunami. It emphasizes the efforts to find and bury the bodies. The participation of the Catholic Church in the reconstruction is presented. It also features the goal of the rebuilding process.
- Tsunami Relief. // Canada's Changing Society, 1984-Present;2005, p66
The article focuses on the collaboration of Canadian relief workers with international agencies to coordinate relief efforts for the victims of the tsunami on December 26, 2004. The country continues to contribute to the rebuilding of the devastated regions of the tsunami as of 2005.
- OH invaluable in tsunami aid effort. // Occupational Health;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the role of occupational health (OH) professionals in the efforts of the British government to provide aid for victims of the tsunami disaster in Asia. Responsibilities given to OH nurses and physicians; Health issues associated with the operation tackled by OH staff to volunteers.
- ACEH REVISITED. Skullerud, Reín // Natural Hazards Observer;Jan2015, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the travel of photographer Rein Skullerud in the City of Banda Aceh, Indonesia to determine the recovery of the city after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Skullerud is said to have traveled to Aceh in 2005 to document the damage caused by the tsunami. Also tackled are the...