- Tough row to hoe. Mongelluzzo, Bill // JoC Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p46A
Reports developments on the cotton industry in the U.S. as of April 2002. Rises in cotton production and exports; Effects of declines in the textile industry to cotton demand; Implications of large cotton crops worldwide on cotton prices.
- The worst of the cotton cost runup may be over. // Textile World;Aug95, Vol. 145 Issue 8, p17
Predicts that the worst cotton runup may be over as of August 1995. Slight decline from spring and summer price peaks; Downward trend of export totals for crops.
- Cotton textile exports reach 10,000 crs. // Colourage;Jan1997, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p81
Highlights a statement released by G. Devarajen, chairman of the Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council, lauding the efforts of the exporting community to improve Indian cotton textile exports. Growth posted in cotton textile exports in the first eleven months of 1996; Commodities under...
- ICMF releases book on cotton statistics. // Colourage;Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p82
Reports that the Indian Cotton Mills' Federation (ICMF) has released the 25th edition of their handbook of statistics on the cotton textile industry. Presentation of tables on problems and prospects of the industry.
- Cotton markets turn tighter. // Textile World;Mar94, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the cotton textile industry. Increase in prices of cotton textiles; Decline in United States and international cotton production.
- Light at the end of the tunnel. // Textile World;Mar94, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p20
Presents production projection for the cotton industry. Increase in United States cotton production; Increase in global cotton production.
- Cotton textiles in for good times. // Colourage;Nov96, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the favorable market conditions for cotton textiles in India. Price movements; Profitability of spinning mills; Growth in the powerloom sector; Influences on the man-made fiber industry in 1996.
- Texprocil awards presented. // Colourage;Mar1997, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p68
Reports on the Cotton Textile Export Promotion Council's presentation of its export awards for 1995-1996 in India.
- Denim sales, cotton prices soar. McNamara, Michael // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/6/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 108, p8
Reports on denim manufacturers' optimism over the strength of the fabric for 1995. Cotton reserves; Price of cotton; Burlington Denim's expansion program; Increased demand for denim in shorts, shirts and dresses; Key products driving the denim business; Burlington's new products.