- Review. // Campaign (UK);10/31/97, Issue 44, p5
Focuses on the resignation of Patricia Manning as Laura Ashley's marketing director.
- Frock horror. Senter, Al // Director (00123242);Mar1998, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the fluctuating business of retailer Laura Ashley. Details on the overstock at Laura Ashley's stores; Details on the economic situation of the company; How the company can overcome its economic situation; Company's announcement to leave the manufacturing industry; Reference made to...
- Basha Cohen to join Ashley. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/28/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 176, p2
Reports that Basha Cohen has been named director of design and buying at Laura Ashley on January 1, 1996. Former place of employment.
- Laura Ashley: Back to the future. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/21/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 120, p7
Reports on British women's apparel and home furnishings company Laura Ashley's renewed focus on the quaint, quirky British romantic style of clothing that made it famous. Growing emphasis on home furnishings; Resignation of chief designer Eric Bremner; Company reorganization; Updated...
- Laura Ashley restructure plan will shut about 40 U.S. stores. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/7/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 25, p4
Reports on Laura Ashley Holdings PLC's decision to close some of its stores in the United States and shift merchandising and marketing to the United Kingdom. Laura Ashley's restructuring plans; Retention of the headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Laura Ashley hopes for new start in '98. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the problems facing Laura Ashley, a clothing and home furnishing retailer. Details on the resignation of key personnel from the company; Identification of the persons who resigned; Reasons for the resignations; Indepth look at the problems of the company.
- Laura Ashley sees a loss of $37.5M to $42.4M in year. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/16/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p11
Highlights the financial performance of Laura Ashley Holdings PLC for the year ending January 31, 1998. Expected annual loss; Appointment of Michael Appel as interim chief executive of its North American operations in an effort to resolve company problems in the region; Total store sales.
- Laura Ashley sows new seeds. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/6/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p18
Reports on Laura Ahsley's efforts to make the brand work again the United States. Signing of a 10-year deal with Federal Express; Acquisition of Bremmer from Max Mara; Introduction of career-oriented apparel; Development of an electronic network; Tightening of control over the American...
- LA ends year with massive loss. // Cabinet Maker;01/23/98, Issue 5072, p5
Reports that shares in the firm Laura Ashley has crashed on January 16, 1998 after the firm warned that it was headed for a loss in the year ending January 1998. Reasons for the losses; Review of the chain's expansion strategy; Home furnishings sales; Restructuring.