Upgraded Florida School District Pricing $90M Refunding
- Local-Option Sale Tax Debt Gains Ground With Iowa Schools. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p34
Reports that the number of Iowa school districts that leverage their share of the tax and issue bonds are expected to continue to grow even outside the counties with the strongest commercial bases as more counties plan to ask voters to levy a local-option sales tax. Differences in the way...
- Fixing Up Arkansas Schools Could Cost $3B, Report Says. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p5
Reports on the cost associated with bringing Arkansas school facilities into compliance with standards outlined by the state Supreme Court in 2002. Spending on a study of state school facilities before writing laws that would create fundings mechanisms to equalize school facilities across the...
- IOWA: Tax Switch? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on delay in considering a proposition to replace school districts's local-option sales tax with a statewide sales tax in Iowa. Reasons for delay in considering state sales tax; Preference to statewide sales tax by lawmakers; Rate of state sales tax.
- Tax Vote May Mean Fiscal Reprieve for Some Kansas Schools. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31438, p30
Focuses on the implementation of sales tax for schools in Johnson County, Kansas. Fluctuation of school bond sales; Improvement of the quality of education; Issuance of tax-exempt bonds for school districts.
- Kansas County Votes Funds for Schools, But Lawsuits Loom. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p33
Reports the approval of county sales tax for the school districts in Johnson County, Kansas. Collection of quarter-cent sales tax by the county; Proceeds of the tax; Reaction of school officials to the county sales tax.
- Ga. districts to seek voter approval of sales tax. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;12/04/96, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p15
Reports that school district officials are hoping to take advantage of a measure that allows Georgia school districts to impose a one-cent special-purpose sales tax. Crowding in Henry County schools; Search for alternative ways to pay for schools; Building programs of Gwinnett County.
- Sales Tax for Schools. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Reports that Elk City, Oklahoma will share sales tax revenue with school districts if voters approve a $17 million plan to build an auditorium and sports arena for the schools on September 9, 2003. Importance of the approval of city sales tax for the project.
- S.F. School Measure. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Reports that board members of the San Francisco Unified School District have been considering a school bond measure for the elections to be held in November 2003. Possible usage of the proceeds from the bonds; Criticism of the district for mismanagement of funds, including bond proceeds.
- Bondless in Harper: Texas District Happily Debt-Free for 50 Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p4
No abstract available.