Colorado Bill Would Create Conduit Issuer for Tobacco Bonds
- Tobacco Companies Outline Their Defense in RICO Suit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p1
Focuses on the statement of the co-counsel for the defense of tobacco companies in the civil action suit filed by the government under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act in the U.S. Allegations of the government that the defendant tobacco companies withheld evidence about the...
- NY City tobacco bond bests that of its Nassau neighbor. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/15/99, Vol. 65 Issue 45, p9
Reports on the New York City, New York tobacco settlement bond among investors. Provision of cashflows for settlement bonds; Wariness among investors that the bonds are not secure; Controversy on the role that rating agencies played in the deals' pricing.
- Moody's: Tobacco Bond Market Could Double in 2001. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31066, p8
Forecasts the increase of the tobacco bond market in the United States in 2001. Transactions sponsored by various states; Backing of the tobacco settlement revenue securitizations.
- Abbreviated Week Holds Limited, But Unique, Opportunities. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p7
No abstract available.
- Tobacco Yields Still Down, But More Obstacles Ahead. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/29/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32538, p3
The article reports on the problems facing the tabacco market in Dallas, Texas. The tobacco bond in Dallas continue to trade at historically low yields. Its been a tradition hat high-yield sector continues to face a number of challenges such as consumption declines and reduced payments to states...
- A wide range of experience is needed on tobacco deals. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30603, p1
Reports on underwriting firms' need to have a wide range of experience on deals tied to the 46-state tobacco settlement in the United States. Underwriters' efforts to address questions related to tobacco offerings; Links between the company payments and shifts in their market share and...
- Florida Verdict's Effect on Big Tobacco: Smoke, But No Fire. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30935, p7
Reports on the effect of the punitive-damages award issued by a Florida jury against tobacco companies on the municipal bonds they back. Rating agencies' plan to affirm their original predictions about cigarette makers' fates; Four factors cited by Moody's on which it based its decision to...
- Judge Refuses to Delay Start of U.S. RICO Case Against Tobacco Industry. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31964, p28
Reports that U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler denied in September 2004 a request by the U.S. tobacco industry to delay the start of a $279 billion racketeering lawsuit brought against it by the federal government. Details of the case; Legal precedents; Implications on the tobacco industry.
- Government: Tobacco Firms Hid Evidence of Smoking's III Effects. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p5
Focuses on federal government lawyers' claim that the tobacco industry concealed the harmful effects of smoking and of breathing second-hand smoke for decades. Arguments of both sides over the meaning and legal significance of evidence presented in the ongoing civil racketeering trial of lawsuit...