Municipal Traders Don Rally Caps Ahead of Increased Primary Supply
- Ohio Gov. Strickland Proposes $1.7B of Debt for Jobs Program. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32811, p6
The article reports on a bond proposal of Ohio Governor Ted Strickland that would finance a job-creation program. On his state address, Strickland proposed selling $1.7 billion of debt starting early in 2009 to finance an ambitious jobs program. Proceeds from the bond sales would be invested in...
- Market Post: Municipals Calm After Employment Report. Flynn, Hillary // Bondbuyer.com;11/ 7/2014, p22
The article reports on the impact of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) manufacturing report on employment situation on the municipal bond market. It cites the growth in nonfarm payrolls for the month of October 2014, the weakness in the wage numbers, and the status of private payrolls....
- Yield Indexes End Lower After Weak Employment Report. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p4
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. Weakness in the employment report in the country; Stability of light issuance and arbitrage selling; Increase in the municipal bond yields.
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Indexes Mixed in First Full Trading Week After the Holidays. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p40
Reports on the municipal bond indexes in the U.S. Willingness of investors to pay more because of the lack of supply; Decline in employment figures; Increase in the yield on the 30-year Treasury bond.
- Municipals Move Up on Sell-Off Ahead of November Payrolls Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p2
Reports on the rise in the municipal bonds yields in the U.S. Employment forecast of the economist Ethan Harris; Performance of the government market; Employment growth in the country.
- Munis Plunge on Strong Jobs Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p1
Reports that municipal bonds and Treasuries plunged on April 2, 2004 after an unexpected non-farm payrolls report changed the interest rate outlook in the U.S. Sell-off in the tax-exempt market; Employment report indicating 308,000 new jobs outside the farm sector in March 2004.
- Munis Firm Rebound in Treasuries Encourages Bargain Hunters to Return. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p2
Reports that municipal bonds firmed as buyers returned to the market and began bargain hunting. Performance of both municipal and Treasury markets; Rise in the Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing index; Economy-created jobs in June; Largest bond deal in the long-term market.
- America's Financial Mess. McKinnon, Ronald I. // International Economy;Fall2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p36
This article focuses on the financial situation in the U.S. For four decades, employment in U.S. manufacturing as a share of the labor force has fallen further and faster than in other industrial countries. In the mid-1960s, manufacturing output was 27 percent of GNP and its share of employment...