NEWS IN BRIEF
- 14-Day Cash Mgmt Bills Draw 4.685% High Rate. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p2
The article reports that the Treasury Department has sold 20 billion dollars in 14-day cash management bills, dated April 3 and due April 17, 2006, at a 4.865 percent high tender rate.
- CONSUMER CREDIT AND PROBLEMS OF ITS DEVELOPMENT. Zakharov, V.S. // Problems of Economics;Jan80, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p85
Focuses on consumer credit funds and problems related to their development in the Soviet Union. Use of the population's savings as the source of money for granting consumer credit; Determination of the size of the fund by the socialist state departments; Combination of the credit fund with...
- Bad loans in Greece rise to 33%. // Regional Today;5/23/2014, p2
The article focuses on non-performing loans (NPL) in Greece which peaked in the first quarter of 2014, identifying the problem as consumer credit and corporate loans.
- Take Counsel With Caution. Kiviat, Barbara // Time;5/5/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 18, p89
Discusses the growth of consumer credit-counseling agencies in the United States. Risk of credit card debt; Advice with regard to debt-management plans; Suggestion that a plan should cover all uninsured debt.
- Worse to come. Steyn, Greta // Finweek;4/17/2008, p75
The article presents a perspective on the problems facing the economy of South Africa. It has been noted by the author that both food and fuel are essential consumer purchases in the country. The author suggested that additional debt to compensate for the higher price of food and fuel would...
- YOUR GUIDE TO THE MONEY TABLES. // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2004, Issue 6, p92
Presents tabular representations of credit card and bank account rankings. Low rate credit cards; Cash management accounts; Cash management trust accounts.
- Your guide to the money data. // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2007, Issue 95, p96
Charts are presented that lists ratings of credit cards in Australia including five star credit cards for habitual spenders, top low rate credit cards, and top cash management trusts.
- Insights from the Statement of Cash Flows. Turpin, Richard A.; Smith, E. L. Kittrell; Fulmer Jr., John G. // Commercial Lending Review;Jan2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p39
The article discusses the usefulness of statement of cash flows (SCF) in assessing creditworthiness. Rather than simply relying of earnings before interest and taxes and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization as measures of this ability, lender can use information from...
- Community Banks Raid Bigger Rivals for Commercial. Peters, Andy // National Mortgage News;11/29/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 56, p8
The article offers information on the plans of small banks to discover new ways of commercial lending in the U.S. It mentions that community banks including, Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc., Rockville Financial Inc. and SP Bancorp ate hiring commercial lenders. It offers information on Palmetto...