N.Y.C. Holds Site Hearing
- Wichita Lines Up STARS for Amateur Sports Complex. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/11/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33646, p5
The article reports on the City Council in Wichita, Kansas' discussion regarding the sales tax and revenue (STAR) bonds worth 50 million dollars for the development of an amateur sports complex in the city.
- Dallas Council approves arena plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p34
Announces Dallas, Texas City Council's approval of a resolution for the construction of an arena for its professional basketball and hockey teams. Approval of a letter of intent with the Stars hockey team and the Mavericks basketball team; Amount of contribution pledged by the two teams.
- Sports centre closure delay to aid transfer bid. // Regeneration & Renewal;6/28/2010, p15
The article reports on the decision of the city council in Leeds, England, to postpone the planned closure of a sports centre pending a decision on transferring the facility to a community enterprise.
- Tacoma Dome Vote. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p33
Reports that the Tacoma City Council this week has voted unanimously to put a general obligation bond issue to upgrade the Tacoma Dome in Washington. Worth of the bond issue.
- The stadium vote is in. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/30/2000, Issue 322688, p3
Focuses on the vote of City Council members in Fresno, California to approve the construction of a downtown stadium. San Francisco Giants baseball team's signing of a two-year player development contract with Fresno Grizzlies; Cost of the construction.
- CALIFORNIA: New 49ers Home Considered. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32646, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Santa Clara City Council to add a proposal to ask voters their views on the creation of a special stadium authority and financing district to its meeting agenda on June 19, 2007 in California. City resident will be asked whether to subsidize a new $850...
- Media to City: Play Ball. deMause, Neil // Extra!;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p27
The article reports on the end of a civic battle over plans to build a combined NFL/Olympic stadium atop publicly owned rail yards on Manhattan's West Side. After a hard-fought lobbying campaign that saw more than $42 million spent on both sides, New York state assembly speaker Sheldon Silver...
- SAXTON FIELD--TOP OF THE SOUTH. // Australasian Parks & Leisure;Winter2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p24
The article features the 65 hectare sporting facility Saxton Field in Nelson, New Zealand. The facility is situated between Nelson city and the headquarters of the neighbouring Tasman District Council in Richmond. It relates the cooperation between Nelson City and Tasman District councils in...
- EDGBASTON CRICKET GROUND PLANS LODGED. // Planning (14672073);11/21/2008, Issue 1796, p3
The article reports that an outline planning application for the Â£30 million redevelopment of the Edgbaston international cricket ground has been lodged with Birmingham City Council in Birmingham, England. Subject to approval, work is expected to start next September and be complete by 2011.