The Trouble With Hedge Fund Indexes
- Hedge Funds Fail To Hedge. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/16/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the performance of the global hedge funds from February to March 2007. According to research conducted by U.S.-based HFRX, the hedge funds afforded their investors little protection during the recent market turmoil, with some high profile vehicles performing very poorly....
- Current Trends in Hedge Funds. Papier, Edward // CPA Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on several developments in hedge fund investments in the U.S., as of March 2005. Purpose of absolute return investments; Investment strategies employed by the funds; Creation of investable hedge fund indices.
- California Proposes Hedge Fund Rule. Papini, Jessica // Investment Management Weekly;11/26/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p5
The article reports on the rule proposed in California which requires hedge funds with $25 million or more assets and fewer than 15 clients to register with the state. The proposal is aimed at reversing a 2002 rule that exempted these funds from having to register with the state. The state wants...
- INNOWACJE NA RYNKU FUNDUSZY INWESTYCYJNYCH W POLSCE W LATACH 2004-2010. DAWIDOWICZ, DAWID // Studia i Materialy Polskiego Stowarzyszenia Zarzadzania Wiedza /;2011, Issue 43, p17
The main goal of the article was identification and characterization of new investment funds that have been created in Poland in 2004-2010. In article have been made characterization of following investment funds: funds with different categories of units, umbrella funds, funds of funds, capital...
- Hedge Funds Attract Inflow from All Directions, Man's Kelly Says. // Investment Management Weekly;11/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p6
Explains the reasons for the appeal of hedge funds to plan sponsors in the U.S. Benefits of hedge funds; Information on the dual dynamics of the hedge funds; Advantages of unregistered funds.
- Hedge Funds Blur Boundaries. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the decision of the Children's Investment Fund to launch its long-only investment fund. Overview of the investment fund to be managed by David Bavarez; Discussion on the boundaries between traditional long-only managers and hedge funds; Condition of hedge funds in the U.S.
- Hedge Funds Edge Up. // On Wall Street;May2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the increase in hedge funds for the first quarter of 2004 in the U.S., according to the Hennessee Hedge Fund Index.
- N.J. Considers Manager Hires. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;5/21/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the plan of New Jersey Division of Investment (DOI) to hire managers for its private equity and hedge fund investments. The author states that the division will discuss investments in Vista Equity Partners' Fund III and New Mountain Partners III as well as a hedge fund...
- HEDGE FUNDS. Fiford, Carla // Finance Week;7/5/2004 Richer Life Supplement, p22
Discusses hedge funds, one of the many financial investments available in South Africa. Domination of the sector by long or short equity strategies; Issue on selecting mechanistic systems in making investment decisions; Reliance on discretionary interventions.