INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- How new ownership could affect them. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;01/26/98, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the impact of acquisitions on investors. Example of some of the problems that could develop if two money-management firms combine; Reference to Hotchkis & Wiley's acquisition by Merrill Lynch.
- Fudging Synergies. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on a new study conducted by the Rotterdam School of Management (RSOM) and PriceWaterHouseCoopers on the credibility of synergies.
- Institutional investors, antitakeover defenses and success of hostile takeover bids. Duggal, Rakesh; Millar, James A. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter94, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p387
Discusses the question of whether institutional investors enhance or reduce efficiency in the market for corporate control. Impact of institutional ownership in target firms on the adoption of the type of antitakeover defenses; Adoption of value-reducing antitakeover defenses; Probability of a...
- INVESTORS CIRCLING. Diorio, Carl; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;01/11/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the acquisition of det-ridden film companies by investors. Purchase of Regal Cinema's bank debt by a group of investors; Consideration of Century Theaters to buy certain assets of Edwards Theaters; Discussion of Loews Complex with banks and bondholders.
- Modische Kapitalanlage. Jürgen, Müller // Textilwirtschaft;12/22/2011, Issue 51, p29
The article reports on financial investors taking over companies including A-Capital taking over jeans label Mustang, Blckstone taking over Wolfskin, and Kellwood taking over Scotch & Soda.
- Deal Flow. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p60
A chart is presented depicting the completed key middle-market merger and acquisition (M & A) deals in July 2013.
- Legal Eagles Sound Off on Current Mezzanine Market. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/21/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p11
Deals with the role of mezzanine lenders in merger and acquisition deals. Background on mezzanine lenders; Case which involving the problems posed by lenders in structuring a merger.
- The year when the foreign investors were Hungarian... ... and the multinationals ate each other. Fincziczki, Bela // Budapest Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p11
Reports the business transactions of foreign investors for the year 2001 in Budapest, Hungary. Participation of multinational companies on the transactions; Industries with significant ownership changes; Assessment on the consolidation activity of the food industry.
- Bloom or doom? // Money Marketing;8/26/2004, p33
The article focuses on a panel that consider the implications of lenders restricting access to products plus the prospect of a Spanish takeover of Abbey Co. Traditionally, Abbey has not been overly user-friendly to the intermediary market and it will be interesting to see what the new owners...