INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- How new ownership could affect them. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;01/26/98, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the impact of acquisitions on investors. Example of some of the problems that could develop if two money-management firms combine; Reference to Hotchkis & Wiley's acquisition by Merrill Lynch.
- Fudging Synergies. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on a new study conducted by the Rotterdam School of Management (RSOM) and PriceWaterHouseCoopers on the credibility of synergies.
- Modische Kapitalanlage. Jürgen, Müller // Textilwirtschaft;12/22/2011, Issue 51, p29
The article reports on financial investors taking over companies including A-Capital taking over jeans label Mustang, Blckstone taking over Wolfskin, and Kellwood taking over Scotch & Soda.
- Legal Eagles Sound Off on Current Mezzanine Market. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/21/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p11
Deals with the role of mezzanine lenders in merger and acquisition deals. Background on mezzanine lenders; Case which involving the problems posed by lenders in structuring a merger.
- Institutional investors, antitakeover defenses and success of hostile takeover bids. Duggal, Rakesh; Millar, James A. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter94, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p387
Discusses the question of whether institutional investors enhance or reduce efficiency in the market for corporate control. Impact of institutional ownership in target firms on the adoption of the type of antitakeover defenses; Adoption of value-reducing antitakeover defenses; Probability of a...
- The year when the foreign investors were Hungarian... ... and the multinationals ate each other. Fincziczki, Bela // Budapest Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p11
Reports the business transactions of foreign investors for the year 2001 in Budapest, Hungary. Participation of multinational companies on the transactions; Industries with significant ownership changes; Assessment on the consolidation activity of the food industry.
- INVESTORS CIRCLING. Diorio, Carl; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;01/11/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the acquisition of det-ridden film companies by investors. Purchase of Regal Cinema's bank debt by a group of investors; Consideration of Century Theaters to buy certain assets of Edwards Theaters; Discussion of Loews Complex with banks and bondholders.
- Deal Flow. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p60
A chart is presented depicting the completed key middle-market merger and acquisition (M & A) deals in July 2013.
- Buyouts Gone Bad: Common Themes in Failed Leveraged Transactions. SHAKED, ISRAEL; PLASTINO, DAVID; D'AREZZO, PAUL // ABI Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p26
The article offers information the failed leveraged buyout transactions in the U.S. It highlights the factors that determine an attractive leveraged buyout (LBO) candidate. Moreover, it mentions the common considerations of investors and lenders when determining the suitability of a business...