Banks, Hedgies Look To Grow in Euro-Junk
- CSFB Tops HY Boom Year. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the performance of the U.S. high yield investments market as of December 2003. Volume of issuance; Precautions taken by investors for the downside of the credit cycle; Diversity of issuer base; Business performance of market leader Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.
- CSFB's Plunge In Underwriting. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/22/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 36, p7
Reports on Credit Suisse First Boston's (CSFB) decline in the ranking of top performing underwriters for U.S. equities. Performance of the CSFB in the U.S. convertibles, asset-backed securitization, mortgage-backed securitization market; Claim of the CSFB management that the company is focusing...
- CSFB Leads Blockbuster HY Market. R.A. // Bank Loan Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the performance of the U.S. high yield market for the period of January 1 to September 30, 2003. Role of the entry of larger institutional investors on inflows to high yield; Factors that contributed to the improved performance of Credit Suisse First Boston; Comment of CSFB global...
- People Moves. // High Yield Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p7
Reports on developments concerning the careers of high yield portfolio managers as of October 6, 2003 including the appointment of Richard Phelan as co-head of European high yield research at Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.
- New HY Index: A Way to Manipulate? Husband, Sarah // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/20/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 40, p11
Focuses on the criticism on the decision of Credit Suisse First Boston to launch a high yield index called Institutional High Yield Index in 2003. Problems with high yield indexes; Provision of opportunity to managers to manipulate their fund returns; Elimination of the tail risk associated...
- CSFB Leads European League Tables. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;7/7/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. topped the high yield corporate debt league table in Europe in the first half of 2003. Market share; Business strategies employed by the company.
- CSFB Creates New Unit For Alternative Capital. // Money Management Executive;4/5/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p2
Announces the creation of an alternative investments unit by Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB). Highlights of the products that are offered by CSFB like private equity and hedge funds; Announcement of the plan to leave the investment banking company by the chairman Bennett Goodman at CSFB;...
- Herbert Smith alliance storms onto CSFB panel. Rovnick, Naomi; Power, Helen // Lawyer;02/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston has finalized the legal panel for its global investment banking work with a huge endorsement for the Herbert Smith alliance. Focus of the investment banking panel; Information on the alliance of Herbert Smith with Stibbe; Review made by Credit Suisse on...
- CSFB Drops Fees. Gregorio, Cesaltine // Bank Loan Report;02/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p3
Announces that Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) will eliminate assignment fees on all secondary market trades of syndicated loans. Distinction from other banks; Discussions on the charges of banks; Effect of the move of CSFB to the industry.