Russian Structured Products Take Off
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p1
The article offers news briefs on emerging markets as of December 2005. There was a decline in the sale price of gold in the period. The sovereign debt rating of Russia was increased by Standard & Poor's from BBB- to BBB.
- Identifying Sovereign Risk. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
The article presents information on the sovereign credit risk rating index launched by the journal "Business Monitor International." Countries are categorized based on the ability of emerging market governments to pay debt. The attitude of government authorities towards their financial...
- Understanding Emerging Market Sovereign Bond Yield Spread: Role of Default and Non-Default Determinants. Surya Pratiwi, Adelia // Indonesian Capital Market Review;Jan2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p33
This paper is motivated by the fact that emerging market assets size has been expanding and trying to use sovereign debt market as part of capital market as main research focus. It is highlighting the distinction between default and non-default determinants and examining their significance in...
- The Star Report. Berkman, Johanna // New York;01/24/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p34
Profiles successful stockbrokers on Wall Street. Ryan Jacob of Jacob Internet Fund; Steven Cohen of SAC Capital Management; Bob Rubin of Citigroup. INSET: Business Benchmarks.
- OREGON: Klamath Hospital Falls. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p37
Reports on a rating downgrade of $4.4 million of Oregon's Outsanding Series 1991 bonds by credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. Rating of $35.8 million in revenue and refunding bonds, Series 2002; Reasons cited for the downgrade.
- Where Have All the Tourists Gone? S&P Revises Hawaii County to Negative. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p40
Reports on a revision made by Standard & Poor's to its outlook for the general obligation (GO) credit rating of Hawaii County, Hawaii. County's issuance of 48.8 million dollars of GO debt on August 31, 1999; Decline in tourism in the area; Reduction in the amount of revenues the county receives...
- Moody's Drops Cleveland Debt, Adds Negative Outlook. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/11/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33280, p20
The article reports on the downgrade and assignment of a negative outlook to all outstanding debt of the municipal government of Cleveland by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in 2010 in Ohio.
- Making sense of credit-rating blues. Suderman, Arlan // Ohio Farmer;Sep2011, Vol. 307 Issue 9, p81
The article presents information on the fall in the U.S. credit rating and it also discusses the failure of the U.S to pay the bondholders who financed the sovereign debt.
- S&P raises N.Y.S. GO debt to A-plus. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/10/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30766, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's raised its rating on New York State due to improvements in the state's fiscal discipline. Impact of the upgrade on several categories of debt issued by the state or on its behalf; Factors that can affect the state's potential to be upgraded to a higher rating.