Bush Pension Proposal Would Affect Junk Bonds
- Emerging managers blast PBGC restrictions. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;2/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p43
Reports on emerging managers' criticism of request for proposals (RFP) restrictions of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC). Specifics of RFM requirements; Inclusion of minority firms in emerging manager rosters; Comments of investment consultants on rules; PBGC definition of emerging manager.
- PBGC sound, but increase urged in benefit guarantee. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/01/96, Vol. 100 Issue 27, p19
Reports on developments related to the US Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. Financial status; Inflation's impact on the PBGC's insurance protection; Calls for improvement of PBGC's benefit guarantee.
- PBGC no longer seen as high risk. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;3/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
Reports that the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC) has been taken off the General Accounting Office's high-risk program list after three years due to a combination of congressional and agency initiatives. Reduction of the PBGC's exposure to losses through rules in the Retirement Protection...
- PBGC believes a raise is in order. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;6/24/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p9
Reports on Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.'s proposal to increase the maximum current benefit guarantee to $12,870 annually for retirees with 30 years of service. Program's total surplus of $192 million; Projection of the liability and surplus to the multi-employer plans for 15 years starting in...
- PBGC examines plan information. Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p10
Reports on efforts by the US Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. to make sure plan sponsors of underfunded pension plans are giving participants the information they need about their plan's funding level and the agency's guarantees.
- Plan sponsor requirements proposed by the PBGC. // Pensions & Investments;8/19/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p22
Reports that the US Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.'s negotiated rule-making committee has proposed its first rules. Rules on the reporting of corporate events by plan sponsors.
- PBGC changes rate for Top 50 list. // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p52
Reports that for the valuing liabilities for its 1997 Top 50 listing, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation will use a 5.8 percent interest rate assumption. Information on the listing; Details on the corporation's request to the public.
- PBGC expands audit program. // Pensions & Investments;06/23/97, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p28
Reports that the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) plans to expand its premium audit pilot program throughout the United States. Amount generated by the pilot program; Services performed by PBGC; Details on the voluntary compliance program started by PBGC.
- PBGC retires list of 50 worst-funded plans. Geisel, Jerry // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p32
Reports that according to the executive director, David Strauss of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, the agency is eliminating its annual list of the 50 worst-funded corporate pension plans due to changes in federal law which have made the list extinct. When the list was first...