Age Discrimination Rising on the Street
- Action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Nov82, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p261
Focuses on the legislative progress of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) in the United States. Extension of the ADEA coverage; Controversies arising from the 1978 amendments about mandatory retirement, executive compensation, higher education and jury trial.
- Major Provisions of the ADEA. // Congressional Digest;Nov82, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p262
Explains the major provisions of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) in the United States. Statement of findings and purpose; Prohibition of discrimination; Details of criminal penalties.
- Retirement Factors. // Congressional Digest;Nov82, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p264
Focuses on retirement issues that influenced 1978 amendments to the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) in the United States. Options anticipated to affect retirement decisions; Estimates of the number of employees within the scope of the ADEA; Function of mandatory retirement.
- IS UK PLC READY FOR NEW AGE LAWS? // Employers Law;Sep2006, p5
The article states that very few employers have made any concrete plans or preparations for new laws that prohibit age discrimination in Great Britain. According to Greg Campbell, a partner at law firm Faegre & Benson, most managers will need to undergo a fundamental shift in attitude on how...
- Supreme court ruling on age discrimination. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Sep96, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p17
Presents labor laws and legislation. Ruling that a terminated employee can sue under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act even if their replacement is also 40 or older; Infertility as disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act; Admission of electronic mail messages as evidence of...
- Rulings in age cases call for caution. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p19
Focuses on a labor law in the United States that prohibits age-based discrimination against individuals in a protected class. Background on several age discrimination cases; Family work conflicts that may be regulated by employer; Employee's protected age category in the act.
- Employment's golden age. Goldman, Linda; Lewis, Joan // Occupational Health;Dec2003, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p12
Examines a legislation designed to promote equality for all ages within the workforce in Great Britain by year 2006. Coverage of the law; Issue on age discrimination in employment and vocational training in Great Britain; Parameters to be used by employers or providers of vocational training...
- Good Question:. Grund, John M. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on the age discrimination in employment in Oregon. Provisions under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; Relationship between age group and business success; Rewards of young employees.
- Age Discrimination In Employment Act. // Industrial Management;Jun68, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
Editorial. Comments on the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967. Key stipulations of the law; Key goals and objectives of the passage of the law; Implications on industrial management.