FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p10
Features several firefighting tools and equipment. Nozzle; Headlamp; Hand pump; Helmet-mounted imager; Emergency access control; Foam; Flashlight; Portable water tank.
- Poly water tanks help eliminate/create problems? Schreier, Dave // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p46
The article examines the pros and cons of using poly water tanks.
- Where Are the Tools? // Click;Jan2016, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information several fire fighting tools including a wire cutter, an ax, and a flashlight.
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p6
Features several firefighting tools and equipment in the United States. Wireless video camera; Fire information signals; Weather station; Flashlight; Fire alarm control panel; Security tethers.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p186
Features several fire extinction equipment and supplies. Fire truck; Leather footwear; Portable liquid supply line; Nozzles; Smoke ejector; Battery protector; Horizontal high-pressure breathing air compressor/purification systems; Flashlight.
- REGULAR PUMP INSPECTIONS: A MUST FOR EVERY FIRE DEPARTMENT. Naylis, Gerard J. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p89
The article focuses on the important reasons for conducting periodic inspections and performing regular maintenance for pumps on fire apparatus. The tank could have a leak, the tank-to-pump valve may not be properly seated or the valve may be broken are some of the reasons for water to escape...
- Smoke Ventilation OF FIRE FIGHTING SHAFTS. Harrison, Roger; Miles, Stewart // Fire Safety Engineering;Jan2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p16
Investigates the performance of ventilated smoke shafts. Parameters examined using the scale model; Alternative smoke shaft design; Importance of wind effects on the performance of smoke ventilation of the fire fighting shafts.
- Using PPV on Chimney Fires. Thill, Judy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p39
Presents information on using positive pressure ventilation (PPV) to extinguish chimney fires. Benefits of PPV for the user; Topics to consider before using PPV; Tips on using PPV.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p90
Presents various equipment for firefighting in the United States. Gas monitor device; Telepike Pole for making ventilation openings during firefighting operations; Hydraulic hose system.