COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT
- A Movable Device Feast. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p61
Presents information on the capabilities and features of the handheld computers. Identification of the alarm notification in pagers; Comfortability of laptop computers; Performance of personal digital assistants.
- New products. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/02/98, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p15
Introduces several new products. Includes Motorola's next-generation word pager with Confirmed Message Delivery, model PF1500; Bayer Diagnostics' Clinitek 50 Urine Chemistry Analyzer; ClientSoft Inc.'s ClientBuilder suite of products.
- CUTTING EDGE: MOTU 828. Hammond, Shawn // Guitar Player;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Reports the release of the 828 Firewire audio interface for laptop computers by Mark of the Unicorn company in September 2001.
- The changing face of paging. Major, M. // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p42
Traces the evolution of beepers from simple alert to personal digital assistants. Demise of the stand-alone beeper; Advent of two-way advanced messaging; Interactive wireless data interface between contact-management programs and portable devices; Presence of the World Wide Web. INSET:...
- PalmPilot boasts paging. Spooner, John G. // PC Week;11/10/97, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p53
Reports on the development of a PalmPilot pager card by Palm Computing, Motorola Inc., and PageMart Wireless Inc. The goal of adding one-way paging capabilities to the PalmPilot handheld organizer; Functions; Price; Contact information.
- CBInfotech. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;11/5/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p20
Introduces several computer products. PT-L556U ultra portable SVGA LCD projector from Panasonic; Philips Fiori beeper from Philips; CleanSweep computer software from Quarterdeck; NEC Versa 2780MT computer notebook from NEC; PhotoImpact 4 computer software from Ulead Systems; Description and...
- Nothing But Notebooks. Gonsalves, Antone // Technology & Learning;Oct2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
Presents several notebook computers used in classrooms. Features of the TravelMate 630 from Acer; Physical description of the iBook from Apple; Price of the ThinkPad A31 notebook model from IBM.
- Tried & tested. // Director;Apr2003, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p40
Presents information about the Apple Mac Powerbook, a 12 inch laptop computer. Manufacturers of the product; Functional features of the product; Cost of the product; Contact address for more information.
- Research reveals that working 9 to 5 is on the way out. // Management Services;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the research conducted by Business Line, a service from Taylor Nelson Sofres PLC which reveals that for many the concept of working from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. is diminishing as of September 1999. The survey questioned 2,000 small business managers working across eight different...