- CLASS WARFARE. Hubert, Mitch // Fire Chief;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p60
Compares Class A and Class B fire extinguishing foams. Formulation; Active chemical agents; Effectiveness.
- Fluid fights fires without water. // Contractor Magazine;May2004, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p74
Provides information on the Halon replacement Ansul Sapphire Fire Suppression System launched by company Tyco Fire & Security. Overview of the technology which uses a chemical agent to fight fires; Information on the 3M Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid used in the Sapphire System.
- Fog attack for ship fires. Farley, John P. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p47
Discusses issues concerning the tactical employment of water fog for general firefighting purposes. Direct straight-steam attack; Growing/steady state fires; Low-visibility fires; Offensive fog-attack method.
- Specialty apps drive mist advances. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec98, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p37
Focuses on the use of water mist as replacement of ordinary fire extinguishing agents. Effectiveness in fire extinction; Advantages over halon; Applications in data and communications rooms and computer rooms; Primary applications.
- Reliability of the FDS simulating on Fire extinguishing with straight stream of compressed AFFF. Su Lin; Wang Lijing; Xue Lin // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 644-650, p4876
By utilizing the fire dynamics simulation software FDS, simulate the fire extinguishing process of the diesel oil fire and gasoline fire with the compressed air foam agent, and compare it with the actual fire extinguishing test. Verify the reliability and the accuracy of the simulation...
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING. Yadav, Jyoti Sanjay // Golden Research Thoughts;Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
A fire extinguisher, flame extinguisher, or simply an extinguisher, is an active fire protection device used to extinguish or control small fires, often in emergency situations. It is not intended for use on an out-of-control fire, such as one which has reached the ceiling, endangers the user...
- EXTINGUISHING CIRCUMSTANCES. // Boating;May2005, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p77
Reports on the identification of fire as the most terrifying things that can happen in a boat. Reason on the initiation of fire; Provision of a clean fire-extinguishing agent for the prevention of fire in boats; Description of the most important engine-mounted accessories of fire extinguisher.
- Clean Agents: A Value Message. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;May2003, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p36
Provides information on clean agent extinguishants. Reason for the phaseout of halons as a clean agent fire extinguishant in the 1980s; Prime candidates for clean agents.
- Environmentally friendly extinguishing agent. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the launching of Hygood Novec fire extinguishing agent by Macron Safety Systems in Great Britain. Applications for the agent; Features of the agent; Statement issued by manager Andrew Shinner on the agent.