From Your Lips
- TAKING REFUGE FROM FULL COMPLIANCE. Howe, Andy // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p29
The article focuses on the standard BS 5839 Part 9 for emergency voice communication (EVC) systems in England. It discusses the provisions of the standard that addresses the issue of voice clarity for EVC systems in disabled refuge areas. It also discusses the things to consider in determining...
- FIRE SAFETY. // Health Facilities Management;May2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p14
The article previews several fire safety products including the IntelliKnight 5820XL-EVS stand-alone system which combines addressable fire alarm and emergency voice systems in one package from Silent Knight, the firestop sleeve kit from Hilti, and the Advantage Door Louver from Zero International.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p138
Features several fire prevention equipment and supplies. Secure positive-lock connectors of the EasyLink SC800 jack boxes; Collection of sparks, chips and debris of the T-Rex metal cutting saw; Design of Rapid-Attack Monitor for quick deployment and easy operation.
- Nothing alarming about new fire detection systems. Reinbach, Andrew // Buildings;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p64
Reports on issues to consider in selecting fire protection systems. Computer-based systems; Standards solved only by software; Complexity in modern buildings creating modern fires and resulting in new fire codes; Regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Complex monitoring...
- To detect & protect. // Buildings;Oct96, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p88
Focuses on a number of fire safety products. Fire Control Instruments Incorporated's Supplementary Notification Appliance Circuit panel; Edwards Systems Technology's life safety devices; Notifier's Notifier UniNet.
- Sound the alarm. // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Explains the proper placement and maintenance of smoke detectors. National Fire Prevention Week, which takes place in October; Advice from the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA); When fatal home fires are most likely to occur; Replacement of batteries.
- What is it (IV)? // PM Engineer;May96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p52
Presents a question on a fire protection system for readers to answer. Includes the answer to a question on a steam-powered soot blower.
- Fire stops. // PM Engineer;Jul96, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p95
Presents literature on fire stops. Includes literature from HILTI Corp.; RectorSeal Corp.; IPC International Protective Coatings Corp.
- Firestops: Part of doing business. Haber, Lynn // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct95, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p41
Reports on the need for firestopping based on the requirements of the National Electrical Code and the National Life Safety Code. Routine part of doing business for cable installation companies; Requiring knowledge of specialized procedures and products; Availability of firestop materials; Need...