- Strategic Planning for Minnesota's Fire Service. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses a strategic planning session conducted by the Certification Board which has all of the fire departments in Minnesota as its ultimate customer. The Board is committed to stay ahead of the evolution of change as it seeks to be of assistance to the different fire departments...
- Fire Department Strategic Planning 101. WALLACE, MARK // Fire Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p101
The article explains the basics of fire department strategic planning for those new to the concept focusing more on the organizational development. The basic strategic plan for nearly every type of emergency or incident response has been listed as three strategic goals namely life safety,...
- Get on the Grid. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p144
Interviews United States Fire A (USFA) Interoperability Team programs manager Woody Stratton about the importance of using the National Grid for the location reference purposes of fire departments in the United States. Explanation of the significance of the national grid; Ease of learning to use...
- Boston Globe report says firefighters not meeting response time standards. // Fire Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p64
This article focuses on information related to firefighters not meeting response time standards. Barely over a third of fire departments nationwide are meeting national standards for response time, according to "Boston Globe," report. The newspaper based its findings on an analysis it made from...
- Heads of the Class. Lowe, Bill; Cohilas, Alex // Fire Chief;Sep2006, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p42
The article focuses on the visibility and reputation of the Executive Fire Officer (EFO) program which are enhanced when graduates and students have articles published in professional publications in the U.S. One of the EFO program's outcomes for graduates is to enhance executive-level...
- CERTIFICATION IS MORE THAN JUST A CERTIFICATE. Finley, Bob // Fire Chief;Sep2006, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p45
The article reports on the importance of the certification which provides verification that all fire service personnel has demonstrated proficiency and an ability to do his or her job in accordance with nationally recognized peer-developed standards in the U.S. Certification also validates...
- Fire Station 2010. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p6
Comments on architectural trends predicted for fire stations and buildings in the United States in 2010. Application of environment-friendly design and building solutions; Contribution of high technology such as fiber optics and wireless computers on the direction of construction for fire stations.
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p18
Presents a calendar of events relevant to fire departments in the United States compiled for November 2004. Seminar on the Understanding of the 2003 International Building Code; Change in the Fire Service Symposium in Phoenix, Arizona; Contact information.
- What Happens When Fire Companies Feud? Stittleburg, Philip // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p26
Explains the consequences of instances when fire companies in the United States are involved in inter-departmental conflicts. Loss of the morale of the departments; Loss of stature in the community; Decrease in response effectiveness.