Ashes to Ashes
- Fatal fireworks. // South Asian Post;2/25/2010, p18
The article reports on the fireworks display-related accident in China during the lunar New Year Holiday which caused death to 35 people and millions of dollars of damages.
- Ferry Blaze Death Toll Rises. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/30/2014, pA01
10 At least 10 people died after a fire broke out on the car deck of a ferry in the Adriatic Sea, Italy's transportation minister confirmed. More than 420 were rescued from a gale near Corfu, Greece. Italian prosecutors are investigating. The captain was able to relinquish the helm to the...
- Non-Working Alarms in 70% of Home Fires. // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the results of a survey on home-fire fatalities in the U.S. Percentage of households with incompetent smoke alarms; Number of home-fire deaths; Impetus for the increasing number of fire fatalities.
- Kenya oil spill kills 111 and injures hundreds more. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Apr2009, Issue 206, p29
The article reports on a fire that broke out after hundreds of people gathered to collect spilled fuel from an overturned tanker on a highway in Kenya. At least 100 people died and dozens were injured when the fire broke out in the town of Molo. Reports say that the fire allegedly started after...
- Explosion at BP's Texas City Refinery Kills 15. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;3/30/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p11
Reports on an explosion at a petroleum refinery of Beyond Petroleum (BP) in Texas City, Texas on March 23, 2005. Casualties from the accident; Details of the accident; Units of the facility that were not affected by the explosion; Background of the refinery.
- CORRECTION. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 138, p3
Corrections to articles such as "Fatal fire in Ray Brook" in the June 10, 2010 issue and "Summer events feature two authors with local ties" in the June 9, 2010 issue are presented.
- Increased fire death risk for the elderly. Ball, Michelle; Graesser, Helen; Bruck, Dorothy; Thomas, Ian // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p35
The article focuses on a detailed database of all fire deaths that occurred in the state of Victoria from February 1998 to August 2007 designed to identify the most important risk factors for death in fire. Comparisons were made for commonly known risk factor for death in fire between older...
- Signature Campaign By AMRI Victim Kin. // India -- West;2/17/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 13, pA44
The article reports on the signature campaign launched by the families of the fire victims at AMRI Hospital in Bengal, India on February 9, 2012.
- Newspaper Finds 'Deadly Delays' in Response. // Fire Chief;Mar2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the findings that once a day on average in the United States, someone dies because firefighters arrive at fires too late and when they do arrive, they are often short-staffed and under-equipped. Percentage of the nation's fire departments that meet the industry-accepted standard set...