- Intelligent NC machining. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;May98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p190
Presents intelligent numerical control (NC) machining from Cimatron Technologies Incorporated. Features of the technology; Information on automatic NC and knowledge-based machining (KBM).
- CAM software measures up. Beckert, Beverly A. // Computer-Aided Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p36
Forecasts the growth of the numerical control software market in the United States. Factors contributing to the growth; Price of a typical numerical control program; Increase of the number of efforts to develop more intelligent computer-aided manufacturing systems. INSET: United in Unix..
- Minimizing air cutting time. Lynch, Mike // Modern Machine Shop;Nov95, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p146
Focuses on the reduction of air cutting time for machine tool numerical control. Safety and efficiency considerations; Benefits of minimizing air cutting time; Reduction of rapid approach distances.
- Dual PC versus single PC based CNCs. Herrin, Golden E. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar97, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p144
Focuses on the application of computers in the numerical control of machine tools. Incorporation of microprocessors; Factors affecting the machining process; Need for high-speed parallel processing.
- Have you ever heard of touch sensor? Lynch, Mike // Modern Machine Shop;Mar97, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p148
Focuses on the application of touch sensors in numerical control of machine tools. Machining center applications; Touch probes; Change in conductivity; Location of workpiece surfaces.
- Managing NC programs in a natural way. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar97, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p197
Features Focal*Point DNC fully-automated distributed numerical control network. Applications; Specifications; Capabilities; Contact information.
- NC software price performance improves. // Ward's Auto World;Feb95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the stability of numerical control software pricing despite intense competition from several vendors.
- Simulate an entire NC Machine. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p196
Highlights Virtual Manufacturing Suite, a full range of solid model-based software products from Sirius Systems Corp. Design that stimulates and reproduces the entire numerical control (NC) machine and the machining process; Key benefits and applications.
- CNC programming training for multi-axis turning centers. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p198
Features Kentech Inc.'s Protalk Multi-Turn, a computer numeric control (CNC) programming, training and simulation software package for the personal computer (PC). Key applications; Graphics and programming codes; Major benefits; Contact information.