Project management hits the desktop
- Project management--keep in touch. Reinertsen, Don // Electronic Design;09/01/98, Vol. 46 Issue 20, p64L
Focuses on the benefits and disadvantages of using project management software. Assessment by project managers on the use of software in their operations; Problems encountered with the use of the software.
- Project management. // IIE Solutions;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p58
Provides information on several project management software products. Emerging Solutions Incorporated's `Project Controls System'; Primavera Systems Incorporated revised version of its `Primavera Project Planner (P3)'; Artemis Management Systems `Artemis Views'; Micro Planning International,...
- Software for project management. Bloom, Rob // Transportation & Distribution;Oct93, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p33
Discusses the development of software for project management and the ranges of systems. Evolution form construction and aerospace/defense industries; Three distinct phases; High-end systems on mainframes; Low-end desktop systems for casual or novice users; Midrange systems for power user or...
- When time is money. // Fortune;Winter97 Supplement, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p122
Offers advice on project management software. The importance of carefully assessing needs; The number of people using the software; The basic architecture of the system; The importance of a product champion; The availability of the software vendor. INSET: Project management checklist.
- What's new for project managers. // Fortune;Winter97 Supplement, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p125
Presents brief evaluations of project management software for early 1997, including price, specifications, and contact point. ABT Workbench PMW; Artemis Views; Open Plan; Microsoft Project; Project Planner (P3); Project Scheduler 7 (PS7).
- Integrated software systems make more time for project... Patterson, Wayne // Contractor Magazine;May96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the most important factor in the determination of profitability and growth potential as an effective tool for project management, in the construction industry. Skills required for managing construction jobs; Ways in which automated systems can save time for project managers and...
- Project power. D'Ercole, Nat // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p48
Focuses on the impact of project management software on management of the auditing process. Limitations of word processing and spreadsheet software; Advantages of using project management software.
- Pair debuts cost-control managers. M.F. // PC Week;10/18/93, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p40
Reports on upgrades to project-management software. Lucas Management System's I/CSCS 3.0; Welcom Software Technology's Cobra 2.0.
- Tame project management software. Harrell, Clayton // Electronic Design;10/14/94, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p85
Presents tips on how to save time starting up project management software by feeding it with the right data. Detailed planning; Advantages; popularity; Analysis of the team's plan; Control of the resources; Personal calendars; Task network; Cautions; Suggestions.
- Project management. // IIE Solutions;Nov96, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p55
Presents various news information programs designed for project management in industrial engineering. INSET: Software for multiple project coordination..