- Robots: In action & available for application. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jan1998, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p60
Reports on the use of robots in assembly line processes. Using of robots to automate suspension welding at Aetna Industries Inc.; Using of Peak Industries Inc.'s robotic system to apply adhesives for automotive headliners; Development of selectively compliant articulated robot arm (SCARA)...
- Flexibility and finesse. Babyak, Richard // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul94, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p48
Reports on technological innovations on assembly-line methods in metal-work. Alliance Automation Systems' automated line for assembling original equipment manufacturer's heat exchanger; BTM Corp.'s Tog-L-Loc joining system for Industrias Astral S.A.; Firestone Industrial Products Co.'s...
- 4 ways to make the most of metal. Bak, David J.; Kochan, Anna; Nairn, Geoff // Design News;9/25/95, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p79
Features the application of die casting technology to eliminate cost, accuracy, and productivity problems associated with traditional assembly methods. Injected Metal Assembly (IMA) process developed by Fishertech, Fisher Gauge Ltd.; Limitless range of materials; Applications.
- The Creation of Virtual Assembly System Based on Virtools. YAN Cheng; YUNPENG Han // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 998-999, p486
Aiming to improve the assembly efficiency of machinery products, a Virtools-based virtual assembly system is presented. Firstly, the framework of the Virtools-based virtual assembly system is proposed. Then, how the virtual scene built is introduced. Based on VE (virtual environment), combined...
- `Virtual' road tests enhance the product-design process. Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;1/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 37, p8
Reports on `collaborative virtual engineering,' a new approach to product design in the United States that enhances computer assisted design (CAD). Demonstration of design; What CAD offers; Companies using virtual-reality (VR) system include Ford Motor Company of Detroit and, Bechtel Group...
- Virtual set design for NT. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jun2001, Issue 318, p10
Focuses on the use of virtual set technology design for new technology (NT) based computer systems. Evidences of the flexibility of the virtual studio systems; Application of the system in television broadcast; Television pre-production process involved with the use of the system.
- GreenBytes Named to CRN Magazine's 2013 Top Emerging Virtualization Vendors List. // SAN/LAN;Aug2013, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
The article announces that the developer of full featured virtual desktop optimization solutions GreenBytes Inc. has been named on the 2013 Emerging Virtualization Vendor list released by UBM Tech Channel's periodical CRN for its role in technological innovation in virtual machine systems.
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering. Weilhammer, Joseph // Production Machining;Jan2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
The article explains the process of direct metal laser sintering (DMLS). It notes the minimality of the setup time for laser sintering, and indicates that assembling machine involves the build platform mounting in the machine, leveling it, applying a first thin layer of powder, and starting the...
- Smart parts feeder speeds agile assembly. Lynch, Terrence // Design News;8/14/95, Vol. 51 Issue 15, p75
Reports on the development of FPF 2000 flexible parts feeder that orchestrates machine vision, part orientation, and robotic pick-and-place functions. Intelligent Automation Systems; Production of multiple products on one highly automated assembly line; Communication to user's choice of...