Building trucks--then and now
- Detroit shifts car output to Mexico. Bunkley, Nick // Automotive News;11/16/2015, Vol. 89 Issue 6699, p0001
The article reports that automobile companies Ford Motor Co. and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles are shifting their production of mass-market cars to Mexico to focus their U.S. plants to the production of higher-margin pickups and sports utility vehicles (SUVs). Topics covered include the response of...
- Ford Sport Trac Goes SVT by '07. // Ward's Auto World;Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p11
Reports that Ford Motor Co. plans to launch its Sport Trac Adrenalin in 2007. Features of the truck.
- Ford's 900,000 sales goal for F series will be tough. Wilson, Amy // Automotive News;12/19/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6181, p3
This article reports that Ford Motor Co. still wants to sell 900,000 F-series pickups in 2005. On Wednesday, December 14, 2005 Ford was still shy of the goal by 65,400 trucks. It's a tall order for dealers to sell that many in the final two weeks of December, especially with holidays. Ford...
- BIG-TIME OPERATOR. Sherman, Don // Boating;Aug2005, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p34
Features the F-350 Super Duty pickup trucks from Ford Motor Co. Description of its engine and net torque; Observed towing fuel economy; Retail price.
- Ford F-Series models re-define heavy-duty truck market. // Southwest Farm Press;3/1/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p24
The article reports developments on the production of Ford F-Series trucks in the U.S. Celebrating 30 consecutive years as the best-selling pickup truck in the country, Ford Motor Co. announced new product developments to strengthen its leadership. The company plans to increase towing capacity...
- Ford picks pigskin to push new pickup. Halliday, Jean // Automotive News;9/1/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6055, p8
The article focuses on the advertising campaign initiated by Ford Motor Co. The main advertising campaign for the redesigned F-150 truck will be launched during the first game of the National Football League regular season. Ford will advertise the truck on all NFL TV broadcasts and on all Fox...
- Ford to roll out new Louisville. Monts, Rodd // Automotive News;3/20/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5596, p20
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s plans to launch the Louisville vocational truck during the 1995 Mid-America Trucking Show in Kentucky. High sales of Ford's L-series trucks in 1994.
- F series gets user-friendly. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;10/2/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5625, p27
Features the Ford Motor Co.'s 1997 F-series pickup. Design of the pickup; Third door standard; Safety features.
- Engineers used pads to hide key details. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;10/2/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5625, p27
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s use of PN96 program to hide the features of its 1997 Ford F series pickup automobile. Rear hinge third door; Extension of the back of the cab over the front lip of the cargo; Locking tailgate.