In other news
- Digital Makeover. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;May2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the Process Engineer digital manufacturing software offered by Delmia Corp. to automobile makers. Benefits from the software; Companies using the software.
- news in brief. // Auto Express;9/26/2012, Issue 1236, p17
This section offers news briefs in the automobile industry in Europe as of September 26, 2012 including the release of the iPhone application Roadpal for motorists, the sale of the most expensive number plate X1, and Abarth's unveiling of the 695 Fuori Series at the Paris Motor Show in France.
- Auto-Loan Applications Next Smart-Phone App? Finlay, Steve // Ward's Dealer Business;Feb2011, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p41
The article offers information on the applicability of using auto-loan application for smart phones in the U.S.
- Information Flow Critical To The Auto Supply Tiers. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 15, pB14
Reports on the EDICOM software developed by auto/electronic data interchange (EDI) software firm Harmon, Lynch & Young Inc. to provide universal communications among original equipment manufacturers and automotive suppliers. Significance of EDI software in the automotive industry; Information...
- Software as Product. Hansen, Paul // Automotive Industries;Oct2003, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p14
Comments on the growing popularity of functional software in the automotive electronics field. Benefits of functional software to carmakers; Implications of standard programming interfaces and operating system for electronics control unit; Importance of software expertise for competitiveness in...
- Apriso Drives Flexible In-Line Sequenced Manufacturing. Hilton, James // Automotive Industries;Oct2006, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p11
The article announces the availability of Apriso Corp.'s operations execution solutions FlexNetÂ® for the automotive industry. FlexNet is a global manufacturing software platform and suite of applications that allow automotive suppliers and manufacturers to easily deploy, execute, manage,...
- REVVED UP. // AutoWeek;7/7/2014, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p10
Two letters to the editor along with editor's response to the same are presented, one on 50 Years of Porsche application and the other on Father's Day.
- PakWheels.com launches a Windows App. // Technology Times;12/22/2014, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p6
The article reports on windows phone app launched by of Pakistan's automotive portal PakWheels.com which allows users sell, buy and discuss stuff in relation to cars.
- Spirit of cooperation. Field, Alan M. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/2/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p22
The article focuses on the complexity of supply chains in global auto manufacturing. According to Kevin Pietrowski of Infor Global Solutions, the pressure between automakers and suppliers can be especially intense on high-margin, hot new products. It is important to maintain collaboration...