Laser-based house calls
- Making large workpiece measuring easy. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr98, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p268
Reports on the availability of Laser Tracker coordinate measurement machines from SMX Corp. Features; Contact information.
- Quality at the controls. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Apr2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p31
Provides information a laser tracker portable coordinate measurement machine from SMX Corp. Use of the machine by the Malibu Meridian aircraft built by New Piper Aircraft Inc.; Measurement capacity of the machine; Key features of the SMXInsight software used by laser tracker.
- SOI to facilitate CMM operation. // Quality;Dec96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the standard operator interface, SOI 2.0, which defines the screen appearance, screen flow and some icons for automated coordinate-measuring machines (CMM). Declaration of SOI 2.0 as an American National Standards Institute standard in October 1996; North American DMIS Users Group's...
- Multi-probe CMM with roughness measurement capability. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p374
Features Prismo multi-probe system (MPS), a bridge-type coordinate measuring machine with three interchangeable Zeiss probes. Applications and benefits; Operating principle; Users' access to the entire range of Zeiss probing technology; First roughness measurement probe; Rotary dynamic sensor...
- Find What You Need to Know About CMMs. // Quality;Jul2000, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p10
Presents information on several Web sites and queries relating to coordinate measuring machines (CMM). Site designed to help a visitor with their CMM and quality needs; Online response on how to set up a calibration system at a yacht building facility.
- Calibration vs. Certification. Richard, Myles // Quality;Nov2001, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p12
Assesses calibrated coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and certified CMM. Difference between calibration and certification; Impact of understanding the difference between certification and recalibration on machine reliability; How machine performance can be monitored.
- Competition Rising in Portable CMMs. Adams, Larry // Quality;Jul2002, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the competition for portable coordinate measuring machines (CMM) in the U.S. market as of July 2002. Price range of portable CMM; Advantages and disadvantages of the machines; CMM products developed by several companies.
- Still going strong. // Metalworking Production;Nov2003, Vol. 147 Issue 11, p56
Looks at the go/no-go inspection concept of gauging which is recommended as an alternative to coordinate measuring machines (CMM). Disadvantages of using CMM; Description of the go/no-go concept; Features of devices like the Gaga-Check digital readout system.
- High-speed CMMs increase measuring efficiency by up to 50 percent. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p226
Features MicroXcel PFx coordinate measuring machine (CMM) by Browne & Sharpe Manufacturing Co. Features; Usability; Contact information.