EDI integrated with bar code system
- Understanding channel integration. Bushnell, Rick // Automatic I.D. News;Jun95, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p49
Discusses the issues surrounding company involvement in channel integration in bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) in the United States. Reasons for the need for channel integration; Points supporting channel integration; Trade associations and companies that support channel...
- Software products. // Automatic I.D. News;Sep96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p67
Presents various bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) software products available as of September 1996. Includes bar code decoding; Label design; Features and functions; Contact information.
- Resources. // Automatic I.D. News;Sep96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p75
Presents a list of literature on bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) available as of September 1996. Includes literature on warehouse operations; Radio frequency identification; Programming. INSET: Literature review..
- Just beginning. Jancsurak, Joe // Appliance Manufacturer;Nov93, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p89
Presents Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers' (AHAM) Larry Forssberg's comments on bar-coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) technologies. Definition of bar-coding as the use of machine-readable symbols to depict data; EDI as computer-to-computer communication; AHAM's bar-coding...
- Bar code and EDI--'the right stuff' for consumer goods manufacturers. Philpot, Bruce // Automatic I.D. News;Apr98, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p46
Reports on the benefits of the use of bar codes and electronic data interchange in the consumer goods manufacturing industry. Historical background of manufacturers' use of bar codes; Implementation of bar coding in the grocery industry; Improvement of logistics time line.
- Bar code, EC/EDI, VMI ... Who benefits? Bushnell, Rick // Automatic I.D. News;May98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p49
Focuses on the benefit in business enterprises' use of bar codes and electronic data interchange (EDI). Need to use EDI in vendor-managed inventory; Elimination of costs by procurement activities; Use of bar code and EDI in the integration of automatic data collection systems; Output of order...
- Document/image management links supply chain. Bushnell, Rick // Automatic I.D. News;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p63
Focuses on the use of document/imaging management (DIM) identification system which incorporates functions for materials handling, bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) purposes. Applicability of DIM for supply chains; Features for cost reduction.
- A medium-sized grower stands strong. Cosgrove, Tom // GPN: Greenhouse Product News;Jul97, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p50
Discusses how Texas-based Plants, Incorporated has pioneered the use of bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) in the bedding plant industry. How Plants, Incorporated, inspite of being a medium size grower, keep its competitive edge in the marketplace; How the system of bar coding was...
- Resources. // Automatic I.D. News;Aug95, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p55
Provides information on brochures and catalogs of products for bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI). Includes and EDI buyer's guide; Data mapping tool; Scanner accessories; Programming tool; Designer systems. INSET: Literature review..