GM exec calls for more open robotic info
- Robots on the march. // Ward's Auto World;Jan94, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p56
Reports on the increased automotive manufacturers' robot orders for welding and painting applications. United States' robot population.
- Robotic preform process speeds auto manufacturing. Leventon, William // Design News;7/5/93, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p38
Reports on the robotic preforming system introduced by Owens-Corning's European facility to help automakers turn out cars faster. Programmable Powdered Preform Process (P-4); Advantages of the system; Features of the system; Information on the preform process; Other preform processes; Potential...
- THIS WEEK IN... 1975. Excell, Jon // Engineer (00137758);3/9/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7767, p66
The article offers information on the production of industrial robots for automotive production in the mid-1980s in Great Britain. The production of industrial robotics were expanded upto 1978 with technical improvements in programmable robots with output of 40-50 units. The cost of production...
- ROBOTIZED UNDERBODY PRODUCTION LINE FOR AUTOMATIVE INDUSTRY. Tuekel, D. B.; Talu, T. // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;2010, p1041
In the automotive industry, robots are a widely used and well accepted technology especially for ear body assembly, painting and press workshops. Robots work best when the product development and manufacturing processing are designed for robotic application. Product modularity and...
- Make Way for the Electronic Horse. McElroy, John // Ward's Auto World;Dec2007, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p9
The author offers insights on the emergence of autonomous vehicles which were introduced at the DARPA Urban Challenge organized by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). He expresses his surprise on the rapid growth of the technology needed for autonomous vehicles since the...
- Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto. McKenna, Joseph F. // T & P: Tooling & Production;May2006, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the role of robotics in speeding up productivity of automakers in the U.S. Robotic-related success of automakers is largely contributed by productivity that is achieved with accuracy and surface finish quality. Automakers are the largest customers for robotic solutions in...
- Robina exhibits a fine set of wheels. // Engineer (00137758);9/3/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7731, p7
The article features Robot As Intelligent Assistant (Robina), a walking and talking robot on wheels developed by Toyota Motor Corp. in Japan. It is stated that Robina is used as an autonomous tour guide robot at the Toyota Kaikan Exhibition Hall and is capable of signing autographs and escorting...
- Space shuttle TPS spinoff aimed at the auto industry. Siuri, Bill // Ward's Auto World;Jun98, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p45A
Highlights Thermal Protection Systems (TPS), which are advanced technology automotive insulating materials. Use of TPS to protect the Space Shuttle from the searing heat of re-entry; Citing work done by Rockwell International company.
- The future is now for your shop customers. Gordon, Jacques; Kilbourne, Angie // Aftermarket Business;Mar2003, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the impact of technological change on the business performance of several automobile companies. Modification on the features of the vehicles; Use of automated systems; Need of creating effective marketing strategies.