Keeping fluids clean
- Oil gadgets that work. // Motor Age;Sep95, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the role of oil accumulators in prolonging an engine's life. Storage of pressurized oil to pre-oil the engine during the next startup; Supplying oil pressure in extremes of acceleration and cornering when the oil pump loses prime; Mechanism of oil accumulators.
- CHAPTER FIVE -- ENGINE LOWER END -- OIL PAN. // Yamaha V-Max, 1985-2007;2013, p143
The article offers step-by-step instructions for removal, inspection and installation of oil pans in Yamaha motor bike engines.
- FINDING THE VISCOUS TRUTH. Isley, Jason // Sports Car;Dec2010, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p88
The article discusses the correct in choosing weight for oil. It emphasizes the two conflicting philosophies that prefer lighter weight for more power or heavier oil weight for better protection. According to ExxonMobil Corp. Global Motorsports Technology Manager Bruce Crawley, the engine...
- VALVOLINE INSTANT OIL CHANGE. Salopek, Jennifer J. // T+D;Oct2012, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p79
The article discusses the steps that the Valvoline Instant Oil Change service organization, a division of the motor oil provider Ashland Consumer Markets, has taken to reduce employee turnover as of October 2012. According to the article, Valvoline has improved its new hire onboarding program...
- the latest products. // Motor Age;Nov2014, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p128
The article evaluates several auto repair products including the Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up engine treatment technology from ITW Global Brands/Rain-X, the Penray Plus Diesel Fuel Prep and Penray Plus dEngine Oil Treatment from Penray Companies, Inc., and the Special Tec LL 5W- 30 oil for BMW...