Will there be `Intel Inside' stickers on the quarter panels?
- Manufacturers should use electronics better. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1995, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p13
States that electronic catalogs can help increase the sales and profits of automotive parts retailers and jobbers. Failure of sellers to take advantage of electronic catalogs; Benefits of electronic cataloging; Stumbling block to the spread of the system.
- Production data resumes Jan. 8. // Automotive News;1/1/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5639, p31
Reports that due to the closing of all North American automobile assembly plants the week of December 25, 1995, there will be no production table in January 1, 1996 issue of Automotive News until January 8, 1996.
- Big Three pilot project allows computers to communicate. Kisiel, Ralph // Plastics News;8/19/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p12
Reports on a pilot project called AutoSTEP introduced by the Automobile Industry Action Group to make computer systems communicate. Differing computer-aided design (CAD) systems that do not communicate with one another; Capacity of translators to complete transfer of information; Disappointment...
- A STEP in the right direction. DiChristina, Mariette; Fritz, Sandy // Popular Science;May94, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p45
Discusses how the auto industry has been among the last to standardize the language that allows design computers to communicate easily. Comments by John Blair of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) on the development of STEP (STandard for the Exchange of Product) model...
- Digest. // Automotive News;5/12/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5712, p18
Focuses on the automobile industry's data processing trends as of May 12, 1997. Establishment of the Automotive Manufacturers Dealer Systems Group to create standards for data exchange; National Independent Automobile Dealers Association's endorsement of Auto Trader Online; Shopping for...
- Big 3 form 12th consortium. Ramirez, Charles E. // Automotive News;8/9/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5512, p2
Reports on the formation by the Big 3 of the Supercomputer Automotive Applications Partnership, a research and development consortium. Use by the consortium of parallel, high-performance computer systems to `leapfrog' current technology; Members of the committee.
- The New Race. Teresko, John // Industry Week/IW;10/05/98, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p40
Focuses on the implementation of information technology (IT) in the automobile industry in the United States. Purpose of IT implementation; Computer systems used by General Motors Corp.; IT initiative launched by Ford Motor Co.
- Covisint sells seats for Virtual Workspace. Kisiel, Ralp // Automotive News;8/27/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5945, p20F
Reports that Covisint LLC has sold subscriptions for 500 seats on its Virtual Project Workspace, a Web-based design tool designed for product collaboration and electronic sourcing in the automobile industry. Users of the system; Covisint's growth plans for the system.
- Data problems more damaging than expected, study shows. Albright, Brian // Aftermarket Business;Nov2003, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the study conducted by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association concerning product data errors in the U.S. Implications of product data synchronization problems between trading partners for the automotive market; Effects of the study on the adoption of an industry-wide...