Partnering for success
- Grant Thornton feasts on Robson Rhodes. Hanney, Brian // Accountancy;Jun2007, Vol. 139 Issue 1366, p54
The article reports on the prevalence of 2007 corporate mergers within the profession of accounting. RSM Robson Rhodes and Grant Thornton have merged and will operate as Grant Thornton UK LLP. Chief executive Michael Cleary calls this a perfect fit as the company will become the largest auditor...
- Retailers face tougher IRS rules. // Discount Store News;3/4/96, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p14
Reports on tax experts at Grant Thornton's warning of the potential Internal Revenue Service (IRS) danger for retailers that made a bulk inventory purchase at bargain cost if they use the last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory accounting method.
- Seminar on IPOs. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/16/96, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p12
Reports that New York-based accounting and management consulting firm Grant Thornton LLP is co-sponsoring a seminar on raising capital through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) on September 19, 1996. Seminar schedule; Activities.
- Quality services office opens here. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/16/95, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p30
Reports on Grant Thornton's opening of its first Quality, Environmental and Regulatory Services office in Cleveland, Ohio. Services to be provided by the office.
- China identified as main threat to U.S. manufacturers. // Practical Accountant;Sep97, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p10
Reports on a survey by Grant Thornton LLP, which indicated that China is the main competitor to manufacturers in the United States. Contents of survey.
- Correction. // Business North Carolina;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p19
Presents a correction to the North Carolina 100 chart, compiled by Grant Thornton LLP in the October issue of the "Business North Carolina" periodical.
- Grant Thornton seminar on tech investment. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/13/97, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p10
Provides information about the Grant Thornton-sponsored seminar `Getting Your Money's Worth From Your Technology Investments'. Seminar schedule; Venue; Objectives; Topics that will be discussed.
- High hopes. // Accountancy;Dec1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1180, p14
Reports on fund raising efforts by the British accounting firm Grant Thornton LP for British athletes joining the Olympic Games in 1992.
- Grant Thornton Prize. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2006, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p100
A photograph is presented depicting the awarding of Edward Clarke the first place of the Grant Thornton Prize on the Business Administration in Accounting and Finance degree.