Solutions in finance: The power triangle
- Accounting's hottest jobs. Hrisak, Daniel M. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p67
Reports on the speciality areas in corporate accounting departments with the most job growth. Accounts receivable as speciality area experiencing strongest growth; Demand for accounts receivable staff; Need for cost accountants in the finance industry.
- Accounting for pollution prevention. White, Allen L. // EPA Journal;Jul-Sep93, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p23
States that accounting is fundamental to supporting wise pollution prevention decisions. Financial accounting; Managerial accounting from a pollution prevention perspective; Evaluating the profitability of prevention investments; Total cost assessment; More. INSET: Two cases in the pulp and...
- The cash-flow quagmire. Baechler, Mary // Inc.;Oct94, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the author's suggestion that founders of small companies not delegate to others the task of watching the businesses cash flow. Her serving of ideals; Her company, Racing Strollers; Her assignment to come up with a pro forma income statement; Her yearning to get fancy; Her being the...
- Accounts in review. Anderson, Mae // Adweek Eastern Edition;12/2/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p8
Presents a review of accounts of advertising agencies in the U.S. as of December 2, 2002.
- Taking a positive view of internal control. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov93, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the accountancy profession's draft guidelines on how listed companies should comply with Cadbury's recommendations regarding internal control. Arthur Andersen's guide for companies, `The business in hand: Cadbury and internal control'; Opportunity to improve internal management and...
- New account action. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Sep93, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p11
Reports on agencies named by corporations to handle their accounts. Greenstone Roberts Advertising as Advantis' advertising agency; IBM Corp.'s addition of two agencies to handle its mail response and networking products departments; More.
- The ASB and the press. Singleton-Green, Brian // Accountancy;Dec1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1180, p21
Comments on the inaccurate reporting in Great Britain of the statement by the Accounting Standards Board's Urgent Issues Task Force on restructuring cost accounting. Probable reasons for the error in reporting; Statement of the task force; Effects of the misreporting.
- Task Force ruling. // Accountancy;Dec1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1180, p46
Reports that the Urgent Issues Task Force of the Accounting Standards Board has published its abstract on restructuring cost accounting in Great Britain.
- UITF ABSTRACT 2. // Accountancy;Dec1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1180, p125
Presents an abstract on restructuring cost accounting from the Accounting Standards Board's Urgent Issues Task Force in Great Britain. Definitions of extraordinary and exceptional items; Disclosure of restructuring or reorganization costs.