Comcast, TW See Strong Q4 Gains
- Comcast Calls on Power of the Bundle. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of Comcast Corp. An increase in revenue of 11% and 12% in cash flow has been posted by the company in the second quarter of 2006. An increase in the value of its stocks has benefited other companies such as Cablevision Systems Corp. and Time...
- TWC Delivers Strong Q4. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of American cable television company Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) in the fourth quarter of 2010. During the period, revenue increased by 5.9% to 4.8 billion dollars, with an operating income of 1.7 billion dollars. Its free cash flow by 58% to 665...
- Comcast and Time Warner Stocks Dip. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the drop of company stocks of Comcast and Time Warner Inc. in the U.S. Comcast's stock fell 3% on February 1, 2007 as investors were more interested in concentrating on rising capital expenditures, its stock fell as low as $42.08 each. The stock of Time Warner Inc. fell 2%...
- Adelphia Still Losing Basic Subscribers. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p27
Focuses on the financial performance of Adelphia Communications Corp. as of August 31, 2005. Decline in the basic subscribers of the company; Information on the cash flow of Adelphia; Decision of Adelphia to sell its assets to Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp.
- Cable operators facing tough competitive future. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/31/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 40, p8
The article focuses on the views of the author on the competitive pressures on cable television operators in the U.S. While their record free cash flow and double-digit growth rates are among the best in the media industry, even dominant cable operators Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. are...
- Cable Stages a Comeback. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/4/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) in the first quarter of 2009 in the U.S. It states that the nation's largest cable operator, Comcast, accounted $1.4 billion free cash flow during the quarter, a 95% rise, even if it lost 78,000...
- Forecast met as subs added, income grows. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/29/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 18, p13
Presents the financial results for Comcast Corp. for first quarter of fiscal 2004 in the U.S. Addition of high-speed data subscribers; Increase of total cable sales; Amount of free cash flow.
- Comcast Triple Play Scores Big. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;7/31/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p16
The article reports on the strong financial performance of cable television network Comcast Corp. in 2006. In addition to chalking up double-digit gains in revenue and operating cash flow in the second quarter, Comcast announced that it was raising its financial guidance for investors for the...
- VIDEO SHINES AT WARNER. Wagner, Holly J. // Home Media Retailing;5/8/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the increase in the revenue posted by the filmed entertainment unit of Time Warner for the first quarter of 2005. Reason behind the revenue increase.