- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);
Presents news briefs on cable and telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Resignation of Marc Osgoode from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association; Lawsuit filed by Comcast Communications against Liberty Media subsidiary Starz Encore; Court approval sought...
- This Just in. // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p8
Presents news items related to the field of cable television and telecommunication as of July 28, 2003 in the U.S. Appointment of two independent members to board of directors by Adelphia Communications Corp.; Launch of men's channel Mav'rick Entertainment Network; Selection of National cable...
- Parent Adelphia Buys CLEC Assets. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;02/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p22
Reports that United States-based cable operator Adelphia Communications Corp. agreed to buy some network and telecommunication assets of Adelphia Business Solutions Inc. Effort of parent Adephia to help pay down the debt of its troubled competitive local-exchange carrier subsidiary.
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.
- Hooked Up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p68
Presents news briefs from the cable television industry in the United States in 1998. Agreement of Adelphia Communications Corp. to acquire systems from Verto Communications Inc.; Cash tender offers of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Information on the affiliation deals signed by ISP Channel...
- Cable stocks plummet. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p12
Reports the decrease of the cable stocks on the Adelphia Communications Corp. Management scheme on programming packages; Company operation on cable operators; Indication of plain-old pay channels.
- Nets May Lose MSO's Fees. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the impact of the financial difficulties suffered by Adelphia Communications Corp. on cable networks running on its system. Reason for the decision of Charter Communications to abandon its deal with Adelphia; Factor that caused the problems of Adelphia.
- Buffalo Seeks Adelphia Systems Audit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p36
Reports that the city government of Buffalo, New York, is asking state regulators to conduct an audit of Adelphia Communications Corp.'s cable television system in the city as of February 19, 2001. Cable company's plan to raise subscription rates; Implications for the company's planned real...