Comcast Unit Readies VOD to Go
- COMCAST TESTS ON-DEMAND ON THE DVD RELEASE DATE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/31/2006, p10
The article reports that cable operator Comcast Communications Inc. is going to offer major studio films for video-on-demand the same day as their DVD release. The service will begin from November 28, 2006. The company will offer major studio fare, including "Superman Returns," "Scoop," "See No...
- Formulas for VOD Success. Kuhl, Craig // Multichannel News;7/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p14
The article focuses on the strategies for successful video on demand (VOD) service. According to Gary Traver, senior vice president of Comcast Media Center, understanding of VOD strategies is needed to expand client base in niche networks. Moreover, there is no one strategy that fits to all as...
- VOD service much in demand in Philly. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the increased usage of video-on-demand in the digital platform of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Rate of increase; Factors influencing the increase; Features of the package offered by Comcast.
- Comcast Give TLC to VOD, Enlisting Box Vendors' Help . Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p33
Focuses on the video-on-demand plans of Comcast Corporation. Enlistment of technical life preservers; Partnership with SciCare Broadband Services; Views of MSO vice president of digital television Mark Hess on the decision.
- Burke Outlines Tech Priorities. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
Although it faces a massive rebuild in former AT&T Broadband territories, Comcast Corp. does have ambitious plans for the coming year as of March 24, 2003, including plans to boost data, high-definition television, video-on-demand and retail distribution. But the fact the former Broadband...
- CN8 Expands North Into New England. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p14
Comcast Corp. in May 2003 will bring a somewhat localized version of CN8, the Comcast Network to Boston and other New England markets it services. In May, the channel's penetration will jump to more than 6.2 million households with new carriage on the Boston and New England systems operations in...
- CMC develops VOD valuation tool. // CED;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the initiative of Comcast Media Center (CMC) of developing a video-on-demand (VOD) Valuation Tool to help cable operators assess on return on investment (ROI) of launching an HD VOD service. The tool works with "VOD in a Box," a service that delivers up to 3,300 hours of...
- X Files: Comcast Gets More Explicit Adult Fare. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Cable Communications Corp. to release XX video on-demand content. The company began the switch from X to XX content in 2005 in the U.S. and continues to roll out the more explicit adult programming market by market. It is noted that New Frontier...
- Digital, HSD Grow at Comcast; Cash Flow Improves Markedly. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p8
Looks at the financial results of cable news multiple systems operator, Comcast Cable in the second quarter of 2002. Rate of increase in operating cash flow; Growth in digital and high-speed data subscribers; Focus of Comcast on video-on-demand. INSET: COMCAST PERFORMS AS STOCK DOESN'T.