Coming Up Next: A Trio on Steroids
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p32
Presents updates on the cable television network industry in the U.S. as of November 11, 2002. Career changes among executives at MTV; Job cuts at TechTV; Total number of viewers for the premiere of the television program 'TV Land Legends: The 60 Minutes Interviews.'
- MTV Hits Its Demographic. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p18
Focuses on the high ratings of the Sunday Stew programs of MTV cable television network in persons aged 12 to 24 in the U.S. Number of viewers in October 2003; Household rating of "Punk'd" and "Viva La Bam"; Rating of "One Bad Trip."
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p58
Presents news items on the cable television broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended contract of USA Networks' `Sunday Night Heat' weekly series; Statistics on the advertising revenues for leading basic cable networks during the first half of 1998; Satellite TV distributor Prime...
- Cable ratings down. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Reports the ratings of cable television networks in the United States as of March 2000. Percentage decrease among the top ten networks; USA Network as the top cable network in prime time television; Attribution of Nickelodeon's secondary spot to the program `Nick at Nite'; Networks with...
- Closed circuit. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p10
Presents news items related to cable television and broadcasting in the United States as of January 17, 2000. Includes soft launch of Walt Disney's operational channel; Investigation of Echostar Corp.; Minority and gender recruiting rules for broadcasters.