The Daughter Also Rises at Lifetime
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p54
Presents the highlights from the August 2005 subscription video-on-demand offerings from various cable television networks in the U.S. Movies to be aired by Home Box Office; Television series from Showtime; Shows on Starz on Demand.
- 'PASSION' PLOTS TV PATH. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/15/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 5, p16
Examines the possibility of broadcasting the motion picture "The Passion of the Christ" on a U.S. cable television network. Factors being considered by the movie's producer Icon Productions in selling the movie to a broadcaster; Opinion of advertisement-supported cable networks on broadcasting...
- ALMOST ALL IN THE FAMILY. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the plan of top cable television operators in the U.S. to offer a profanity-free, sex-free bundle of channels to television consumers according to Kyle McSlarrow, president of the National Cable Telecommunications Association.
- Cable's Originals. // Multichannel News;10/18/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p36
Presents a calendar listing of upcoming original cable television programming in the U.S. from October 18, 2004 through February 1, 2005.
- Plugged: Time To Play. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p1
Addresses issues faced by the cable television industry with regard to the distribution of CableCARDS, smart cards that will allow subscribers to decrypt scrambled cable programming in the U.S. Issue of leasing the smart cards to subscribers; Consumer education about the availability of...
- Standardizing Cable's Subscriber Accounting Practices Is Basic to Restoring Investor Confidence. Lazarus, Bruce // Cable World (10427228);9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p34
Stresses the significance of standardizing a cable television's subscriber accounting practices in the U.S. Details of several issues concerning the broadband sector in the U.S.; Source of discrepancies in the auditing subscriber data that are maintained by cable systems and cable programming...
- ITV Moves Closer to Center Stage. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p59
Reports on the increasing employment of instructional television (ITV) applications in the U.S. in April 2005. Estimate of the number of domestic homes using interactive applications; List of registered ITV companies in the country; Importance of the ITV applications to cable television companies.
- Latino TV's English Sound Machine. Breznick, Alan // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p28
Presents updates on U.S.-language, Hispanic audience-oriented cable television network SÃ TV as of February 7, 2005. Companies which SÃ TV has distribution deals with; Significance of its Speak English, Latin theme; List of the advertiser brands of the network.
- A Year of Living Cautiously. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p2A
Presents an update on the condition of cable television market in the U.S. as of February 2004. Issues on which decisions are made at corporate headquarters; Increase in the number of subscribers of the top cable systems in January 2004; Percentage of penetration made by the Houston, Texas...