An ESPN Rookie With Room To Grow
- Amid Op Ire, ESPN to Launch Deportes. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p10
Deals with the decision of ESPN cable television (TV) network to launch its first full-time Spanish language sports TV service ESPN Deportes despite ongoing licensing-fee dispute with cable operators. Date set for the launch of Deportes; TV programs to be offered by Deportes; Efforts of the...
- Intl. // CableFAX Daily;3/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p3
Announces the launch of ESPN Classic UK on BSkyB on February 27, 2006. Negotiation between cable operators in Great Britain ntl and Telewest; Effort of ESPN to promote the network; Movie to be hosted by the network.
- Brazil's Pay TV Game. Penteado, Claudia // Ad Age Global;May2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the different cable television operators in Brazil that provide pay-per-view services for sports programs and events. Viewership of soccer and extreme sports events; Pay-per-view rates from Pan-American Sports Network and SporTV; Advertisers of cable and satellite networks.
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- On Deck. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on the launching of regional sports cable network SportsNet New York in Spring 2005. Sports events that it will organize are listed. Star attractions of the network are described.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...
- A Digital Disney World for Sports Junkies. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p20
Reports on the new digital facility of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network in the U.S., as of September 2004. Features of the facility; Benefits of the facility to the network's employees; Remarks from executive Chuck Pagano on the facility. INSET: DIGITAL CENTER IS JUST ESPN'S...
- Hopkins Welcomes HBO PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p2
Reports the successful opening of Home Box Office Pay Per View (PPV) via the fight of boxer Felix Trinidad Bernard Hopkins. Delay of the fight; Pursuit for PPV events in lighter weight classes for 2002; Significance of the event.